News Marcos Maidana Planning Ring Return With PBC

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Former two division world champion Marcos 'El Chino' Maidana (35-5, 31 KOs) is planning to return to the ring in the coming months.

He intends to return to the ring under the banner of Premier Boxing Champions, which is no surprise with his long relationship with PBC founder and powerful boxing manager Al Haymon. Maidana also works with adviser Sebastian Contursi.

https://www.boxingscene.com/marcos-maidana-planning-ring-return-with-pbc--136122

35 isn't too old (still pretty old after already being retired), but I thought he was enjoying life on the ranch and fattening up pretty good so I hope it's not just for lack of money.

A slower version of Maidana with suspect cardio won't exactly shine at elite level.

A slower version of Maidana with suspect cardio won't exactly shine at elite level.

That's exactly what we'll see. His style of fighting does not age well, and he's been out for 5 years.

That's exactly what we'll see. His style of fighting does not age well, and he's been out for 5 years.

Jesus Christ. At his peak he already had to take rounds off. This is gonna be ugly against any decent fighter who doesn't stick his chin out.

Competition for Fury, Wilder and Joshua is getting tougher.

Jesus Christ. At his peak he already had to take rounds off. This is gonna be ugly against any decent fighter who doesn't stick his chin out.
PBC won’t give him anybody tough, anyway.

He will be an embarrassing slob.

CW Champion by 2020.

Goddamnit. One of the good stories of boxing, tricking public into not one but two Mayweather paydays, one of which casuals believed he might've of won, then rode off into sunset and left fans delighted with fat pictures to show he was enjoying retirement. Now he's gonna take an embarrassing loss and remind everyone when the career is over it needs to stay over.

Is rather see him compete in one of those bareknuckle competitions if he's this broke

Fuck it, if he can pull down another $2.5M after taxes to take back to the ranch without getting hurt for a couple bouts, more power to him, I guess. I like the guy. Hope he lives well in retirement.

giphy.gif

Back