Marcelo Garcia

afjiu-jitsuguy

White Belt
Reaction score
This guy is sooo good its not even funny. Please tell me more information on him cuz im just getting around to knowing him. (ex: who has he beaten? what is his background? and what type of jiu-jitsu does he do?)

He's twice an Abu Dhabi champ. He's beaten, Shaolin, Ricco, Diego Sanchez, Renzo and tons of others. He's a very nice guy, and a genuine bad ass...

He's a Fabio Gurgel black belt. Apparently he doesn't consider grappling "fighting" so much as a game which is why he feels he is able to perform so well, he doesn't stress himself over winning or losing, only doing his best and enjoying what he does.

In the words of a guy at my gym, "He's the king."

And I'd agree with Marcelo. Grappling at the highest level doesn't even seem like fighting. At NAGA, and tournaments like that, I'd definitely say it's like fighting. But if you watch the ADCC guys, and I run the risk of sounding clich

I only got 5 hours sleep last night. Gimme a break. Also, it's FABIO, not FIBAO. Your attempt to correct me with an incorrect spelling as well... irony. :)

You either got, actually, 1 hour of sleep or you don't have a sense of humour! I'll go for the first one, just cause you're a Prime Evil Mod and don't want to get banned! (joke again...)

I'm just tired, man. Tattoo convention all of yesterday, didn't sleep well last night due to foxes fighting in the pathway beside my house, I got some 'tard called Mr Usa giving me a headache in P&M just trying to read what the fuck he is saying, I've been having to type up and send out adverts for a lodger all day and had to go see my ma as well... my sense of humour got lost around 3 am last night.

Garcia is no joke! He is fast and strong!

I saw him a Saulo Ribeiro go at it in the 2005 Arnold Classics. Garcia amazed me.

Wolverine
///

Most technical fighter ever. I think he competes in the -65 kg category, but I am not sure.

Superbeast said:
He's a Fabio Gurgel black belt. Apparently he doesn't consider grappling "fighting" so much as a game which is why he feels he is able to perform so well, he doesn't stress himself over winning or losing, only doing his best and enjoying what he does.

Im sorry, but who is Fabio Gurgel?

Does anyone know where I can get more info on him? Profile, stats, history, more clips, etc.?
I have only seen him in an ADCC highlight of him.
Does he have a nickname? If not he should be called "Monkey King"?

im a big marcelo fan. his style is definitely very sport oriented with all the advanced guards he plays. he's got some interesting moves that he gets a high percentage out of.

MARCELO is THE fresh air of jiu-jitsu right now. He beat everybody in his cathegory and most of the by sub. (his favourite one is the classic choke macaleo). His is always smiley and calm. But apparently he is money whiped. Doesn't matter!
The best match from him is against Ricco Rodrigues at ADCC 2005. They don't call him "soave" anymore :D
And the other one is against Saulo Ribeiro.

If anybody has this matches would be very nice to see them. PLEASE.

yeah, but Terere owns Marcelinho.
Anyway I really admire the guy, specially the way he does the inverted half guard from top leaning back extremelly, to atract his opponent towards him, and get the back (perhaps someone can do a more vivid description of it, but I

Back