• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marc Goddard Cat Zingano situation

TS. Never, ever post again please.

Getting poked or hit in the eye doesn't mean a fighter wants to lose a fight by TKO. From the ref's perspective, he didn't know whether Cat was saying "I got poked in the eye, give me a moment to recover" or "I'm done with this fight." That's why he gave her a chance. Some fighters complain about eye pokes that didn't happen, the ref tells them to keep fighting, so then they do.

I was a poor decision by Goddard, but when bizarre things happen in fights it takes everyone, including the refs a couple of seconds to process the information.

So it's somewhat understandable.

I was a poor decision by Goddard, but when bizarre things happen in fights it takes everyone, including the refs a couple of seconds to process the information.

So it's somewhat understandable.

Poor decision how? He saw her get kicked in the head, then turn away and cover up. It's not the ref's job to pause the fight so he can have a heart-to-heart with a fighter about where they hurt.

I thought he did a good job. Have you ever seen a toe get into an eye? He thought Cat just got kicked in the head and was stunned/rocked. When she wasn't fighting back, he stopped it.

WTF was GODDARD THINKING , he let Megan Anderson punch her even after laceration of the fucking cornea !! what if megan anderson decided to punch her eye again , it could have did serious damage to a fighter already very injured !! she was obviously injured the fight should have been stopped and ruled a TKO for anderson (injry) but the fact he let her hit that girl again bothers me .... A LOT

It's
Not
Illegal
To
Punch
Or
Kick
Someone
In
The
Eye

Poor decision how? He saw her get kicked in the head, then turn away and cover up. It's not the ref's job to pause the fight so he can have a heart-to-heart with a fighter about where they hurt.
What you on about?

I didn't say he should pause the fight, in my opinion he should have called a tko as soon as Cat turned her back on Megan as she was not intelligently defending herself, but as I said I can understand why he let a few punches be thrown.

Lol I thought they'd been caught banging when i read the title ha ha

It's hard for the ref to see absolutely everything, he may not have known she was poked in the eye with a toe. Especially to criticize when sitting on the sofa with a perfect 4k view. I personally find Marc Goddard to be a pretty consistent ref.

Not Goddards fault he didnt know the extent what he did do wrong though was step in as is routine for an eye poke/injury and because Megan rushed forward he backed away and let the fight continue

Why did Cat turn away with her hands down and get kicked in the damn face?

How was he supposed to see that her cornea was cut? Marc is a great ref.

It's
Not
Illegal
To
Punch
Or
Kick
Someone
In
The
Eye

Never did I saw it was illegal all I said was it was unnecessary to let Megan punch her in stomach and face again when she obviously quit fighting she had her back facing her opponent face to cage not fighting anymore how does Goddard call that intelligently defending herself smfh some people on here r not very smart

I'm a longtime Zingano fan and actually appluaded the ref for how he handled the situation.

There was no foul, so there was no time out. The fight continues, the fighter doesn't defend, the fight is stopped.

What would you have done differently?

Romove your armor and sit a spell TS, there’s no need for conflict regarding this issue good sir.
DA6757F5-AA19-4ABC-9D2B-85AE21412FF3.png

Shouting "oowwwwww my EEEEEEEYE" would certainly make things a lot easier.

hqdefault.jpg
{<jordan}{<jordan}

I’m not meant to get toe in it

Back