News Manoel Sousa sues PFL after company stopped him from fighting at DWCS

Seems to me like Manumito wanted to try to make a million bucks and if he couldnt make it then he would try to make his way into the UFC. However, he forgot to read the fine print where it says that you are stuck for 3 years at their service. In any case, this isnt PFL's fault, Manumito should have read the contract before signing it.

PFL is not benching him, they have actually offered him fights and he is declining them to go to DWCS. But that is not how this shit works. Unless he had a UFC clause, he has to fight out his contract.

Thats actually crazy, a 3 year term to a 1 fight contract, what's that even mean exactly?

Yeah, the Brazilian Prospect who was probably making 1500 a fight probably has lawyer money and I'm genuinely curious who his agent even was.
He signed a 1 fight contract but they had a 3 year exclusivity clause built in. Which is completely asinine.

For reference Loughnane signed with PFl a month after UFC passed on him with DWCS so to keep someone under contract for 3 years if they arent picked is fucking crazy.

Sure PFL can be cold and rigorous with the contract, buuuut that contradicts the whole Ngannou schtick of treating fighters better.
Just because someone is a dumbass and didn't read what they signed doesn't mean the org is at fault.

Just because someone is a dumbass and didn't read what they signed doesn't mean the org is at fault.
Same can definitely be said about the UFC, but that doesn't stop folks like you and others who will always be quick to blame Dana/UFC.

Whatever happening to siding with the fighters always? I guess that only applies when it's with towards the UFC right?

This is a shit contract that the PFL shouldn't even have on their stipulations, at the very least the UFC are set in the amount of fight for their contract, PFL is set for years? For all we know PFL isn't even giving him anymore bouts but Sousa is still tied in a contract.

You may think that you have a point, but just because one signs a contract, that doesn't mean it's enforcable by law.
Regardless of your knowledge of the content.
And different countries have different laws. As a brazilian citizen he is protected by brazilian law. It's not unthinkable that in a country with a significantly lower literacy rate there are laws to protect them from exploitation. Other countries also often have less 'liberal' labor laws than the US.

Unfortunately I do not have the exact wording of the contract, but from what it sounds like, he is basically locked under a contract that does not give him pay and that does not give guarantee him a fight with PFL either for 3 years.
If that actually is the case, that may not only be in conflict with a contract and labor laws, but may actually violate the human rights.

Wow a sherdog poster who has critical thought and reading comprehension, so rare these days.

So what PFL gains with not letting Manoel to fight somewhere else?
Precedent of breach of contract? I don't get why people are so quick to defend dude for not reading his contract? Only once he ran into a problem, did he get a lawyer to read up on the contract. Why even ever have a contract if you just going to not abide by it?

Precedent of breach of contract? I don't get why people are so quick to defend dude for not reading his contract? Only once he ran into a problem, did he get a lawyer to read up on the contract. Why even ever have a contract if you just going to not abide by it?
Im pretty sure the contract allows to let him go if both parties are in agreement. So the question is: why PFL wants to hold him so badly?

Because people on here constantly shit on the UFC & Dana White, but when it is revealed another org does it. It's usually crickets. It's a sense the same haters who hate on the UFC will not even have a mention of what PFL is also doing.

I'm a UFC hater and think this is pure garbage. This is truly awful. The industry needs a lot less of this horseshit that damages fighters. It's already hard enough for them to survive financially while the organization takes the profits of their hard work and sacrifice.

Why does the ufc want him so badly?
They don't want him, they just want someone with some talent in a Contender Series spot. They're not fighting for him just like they didn't fight for guys who had contractual obligations elsewhere (Trabelsi, Materla, Delija, etc.).

They don't want him, they just want someone with some talent in a Contender Series spot. They're not fighting for him just like they didn't fight for guys who had contractual obligations elsewhere (Trabelsi, Materla, Delija, etc.).
The UFC don't want him but they want him on their show. LMAO

<[analyzed}>

Shit, you are bound to PFL for 3 years whether you get a contract or not.

Yeah this is some fucked up shit - tied to fighting on their shitty contenders series for 3yrs without potentially even being signed to the actual promotion. Nope, see you later you money-laundering weirdos.

Back