Manny Pacquiao thread of doom (DON'T POST BELOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane will have his moments early on, but just like every other fight it seems over the last 2-3 years, once Manny finds his range and timing, and once his opponent starts to have a taste of Manny's power, the fight sways over to Pacquiao's overwhelmingly.

I have Pacquiao either late or by UD but it should be entertaining.

The website I write for has 4 writers, only 1 has given Shane a real chance and that was based on this:

"Kevin: I've a feeling the recent upsets continue. I'm not sure why I think they'll continue so we'll put it down to a gut feeling that Mosley manages to pull this one out and prove he's not done yet. The odds have been proven wrong so many times recently that this seems the ideal time to go against the grain."

So basically...Shane's only chance is that the odds keep getting things wrongs...

i cant see a gut feeling playing a part here,Manny within 8 rounds

i cant see a gut feeling playing a part here,Manny within 8 rounds

Yeah I'm with you, Kevin literally told me that given the choice he'd put money on Pacquiao though if Mosley wins he looks like a smart ass...

Shane's a tough guy even at his age so it will probably go to the later rounds but I'm certain that it would be a very one-sided affair in which Manny is dominating every round.

i just watched it on tv and they said his jabs came from jeet kune do.is this true?

why, yes. yes they are. jeet kune do was the ancient fighting art of a secret sect of monks who were exterminated because their skills would have allowed them to dominate boxing, and that just could not be tolerated.

why, yes. yes they are. jeet kune do was the ancient fighting art of a secret sect of monks who were exterminated because their skills would have allowed them to dominate boxing, and that just could not be tolerated.

stop playing with the kid. just go straight to the fact, it was created by a cyborg zombie by the name of jushin yoma who was infected by a rodent by the name of splinter whose rabies gave him the art of jeet kune do.

but seriously, the jab is older than time. no one can claim it came from this and that.

Hey guys, just a random Pacquiao related question. Watching the old HBO 24/7 for Pacquiao vs Hatton, Michael Moorer is there with Freddy Roach at the Wild Card gym, kind of in a trainer in training role. Does anyone know if he is still there? I don't remember seeing him when they have gone back for later events.

He was asked to leave shortly after that. As for why people have set out some of the details earlier... he wasn't really a people person, didn't have the tact to get on with some of the celebrity guests that the Wildcard attracts (and Roach loves) and didn't get on particularly well with either Pac or Khan and their teams. He also gave a poorly judged interview where he basically said that Roach was getting too old and too badly affected by Parkinsons to really train people in the gym and that's where he stepped in. There may be some truth to that... a number of fighters have left the Wild Card because they couldn't get enough personal training with Roach... but to put it as bluntly as Moorer did is just asking for trouble.

It's also worth noting that Roach isn't considered the easiest guy to be a trainer under. Off the top of my head I can think of at least one guy who worked with him who left acrimoniously.

[EDIT: Looks like the thread was merged here. I don't know what happened to the posts I was responding to]

What show were you watching? Is it Philippine television?

Here's a quote from boxingscene:

You're right about a few things. He does have martial arts connections.

Bruce Lee's last private student was Ted Wong - who was the instructor of Teri Tom - who is the dietician for Manny and works alongside Alex Ariza. This is her measuring his abs:
sup4k.jpg

There was a quote from MPBoxing that said they were working with the Bruce Lee site and Shannon Lee (his daughter) does mention Manny quite a few times on her blog.

But in all honesty, the only martial arts he's probably learned is while filming Wapakman and all those corny Filipino action flicks. :lol1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back