• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Manel Kape not backing down against Israel!

Everything I’ve read shows he was “scheduled” to face Benson in August after beating Gray in May, then was “scheduled” to face Pettis in December in September.

He withdrew from both due to lingering concussion symptoms, but I don’t actually show the fights being officially booked. So there was likely a verbal agreement in play but he never passed a medical so could never actually sign the contract.

That’s a big difference between booking a fight then picking up a concussion in training right before the fight for hard sparring.

TJ said he got accidentally heel kicked in the head during BJJ in June so had to withdraw - let’s be real, this is likely the straw that broke the camels back (ie he had suffered multiple concussions prior and this just pushed his brain over the edge).

I still can’t think of other examples though of guys who actually had the fight booked (contract signed) but then picked up a concussion in sparring before a fight and had to pull out.

I’m sure there are some, but it’s so rare these are the only relevant examples that come to mind in the past decade - slipping in a bathtub, a stray heel in BJJ, and Dillasnake training like an asshole (Holdsworth wasn’t even booked at the time either).
BNUG2ONCYAAYweD.jpg

It had a poster and everything. the fight was cancelled on a few weeks notice. It had to have been signed.

BNUG2ONCYAAYweD.jpg

It had a poster and everything. the fight was cancelled on a few weeks notice. It had to have been signed.

Thanks for the correction, appreciate the insight.

Another ground breaking UFC poster for the ages to boot!

<{clintugh}>

But point remains - he didn’t pick up the concussion in hard sparring leading up
ti the fight, it was freak bjj accident immediately after it was booked.

Can you think of any recent examples besides KKF?

…you underestimate a lot of peoples resolve. No one there was playing it up.
What you saw was real frustration from Kape who has had 3 opponents pull out in the past few months.
Yeah, he was totally gonna step to Israel :rolleyes:
If you believe that then you are one naive son of a gun

LOL that was a good press conference. More interested in the other fights on the card now.

Ok tough man. Show Israel how to be a tough guy like you
Well for one Israel doesn’t need to defend his friend/training partner against a significantly smaller man. For another, Kai is not some vulnerable person, he’s fighter & great one at that, that can defend himself. Be it verbally or physically.

People will say But but…”.Adesanya was just defending his friend/training partner, you don’t know about loyalty.” Sure, but it’s not like Kai Kara France was getting jumped by multiple men.

Which in the Adesanya actually insulted Kape and unintentionally insulted his friend Kai by calling him midget, when Kape is taller.

But yes, Israel tough guy calling out a midget. So tough, so strong, so brave.

Yeah, he was totally gonna step to Israel :rolleyes:
If you believe that then you are one naive son of a gun
If you don’t think Kape a fighter, would be afraid of someone just because of what? Some people just don’t a give a fuck, you overestimate Israels intimidation factor and underestimate a manlet that knows how to actually fight. If anyone is naive here, it’s you for believing someone wouldn’t step up to Adesanya like he’s some fucking god.

Kape is a killer with championship potential. But how is he supposed to become champ when all these ranked MFers keep pulling out? It's not KKF's fault but I get why he's mad seeing him in the crowd with a dumb grin on his face.

The Kape era is coming. Until then, stay angry lil guy...

If you don’t think Kape a fighter, would be afraid of someone just because of what? Some people just don’t a give a fuck, you overestimate Israels intimidation factor and underestimate a manlet that knows how to actually fight. If anyone is naive here, it’s you for believing someone wouldn’t step up to Adesanya like he’s some fucking god.
There's common sense and you don't have any... he would literally get slept.

There's divisions for a reason when guys that are skilled I'm not gonna say equal because he is no where near Israel's ability, they did divisions so there aren't literal deaths in the ring/cage.

That guy was marketing himself,quite well at that and that's fucking it.

Stop saying silly shit

Kape is a killer with championship potential. But how is he supposed to become champ when all these ranked MFers keep pulling out? It's not KKF's fault but I get why he's mad seeing him in the crowd with a dumb grin on his face.

The Kape era is coming. Until then, stay angry lil guy...
Isn't he 3-2 in the ufc ?

Back