• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mandatory promotion thread

7Hofbyl.jpeg

O3J1YqW.jpeg

i don't post much in the grappling forum anymore, but i need to share this with my sherbros today.

i've been grappling for well over 17 years. no idea when i started doing gi, or when i got my other belts, but it has to be 14 years at the very least. 14 years... i must be a natural!

i heard a saying a long time ago about black belts in this sport, something along the lines of "as long as you don't die, they're gonna have to give it to you eventually"

seems fitting.

w7osExN.gif

Congrats! :)

Congratulations! I've never seen a belt so beat up in all my years of martial arts.

Congratulations!
To ALL in that admired club, respect and hespect !

7Hofbyl.jpeg

O3J1YqW.jpeg

i don't post much in the grappling forum anymore, but i need to share this with my sherbros today.

i've been grappling for well over 17 years. no idea when i started doing gi, or when i got my other belts, but it has to be 14 years at the very least. 14 years... i must be a natural!

i heard a saying a long time ago about black belts in this sport, something along the lines of "as long as you don't die, they're gonna have to give it to you eventually"

seems fitting.

Congratulations..

Also that other belt is TIRED SHEEESHHHH, barely resembles a Brown belt...more like Torn Belt lol ..

What a journey...now the real work begins

lots of people commenting on how worn out that belt is, haha!

full disclosure, it wasn't new when i got it. my coach at the time was promoted to black belt, and he promoted me to brown, handing me his belt.

but it did look like a regular brown belt then, that's true. i must've worn it for at least 6 years though, and i'm not one of those dirty bastards who don't wash their belts.

Back