Manager Ali Abdelaziz says Fabricio Werdum is ‘done’ with the UFC

I think we all know where he is going to.

150728646659d75dc22334c8.88842170.jpg

UFC never releases fighters on suspension, Cro Cop is the only exception. They released Mir earlier too, but reached an agreement not to fight anywhere until his 2 years ban expires.

I'd rather see him fight Crocop in Japan.

I'd rather see him fight Crocop in Japan.

Cro Cop and Werdum were very close in the past, Werdum was his BJJ coach and lived and trained in Croatia. I don't know if they are still friends, but i doubt they ever agree to fight each other.

Cro Cop and Werdum were very close in the past, Werdum was his BJJ coach and lived and trained in Croatia. I don't know if they are still friends, but i doubt they ever agree to fight each other.
I'm aware of that, but it would be the best matchup for both at this point. And Werdum needs to avenge his choke out to Crocop anyway.

I'm aware of that, but it would be the best matchup for both at this point. And Werdum needs to avenge his choke out to Crocop anyway.

I like this matchup too if they are down to fight. Hopefully Rizin can afford it after the Floyd fiasco.

I like this matchup too if they are down to fight. Hopefully Rizin can afford it after the Floyd fiasco.
Might have to wait until next NYE, if it happens. I have a feeling that, barring some new investors or a DAZN deal, etc., we are in for a ton of DEEP and Pancrase matchups in RIZIN this year. I'm hoping that with the money issues that they'll find a bunch of unknown talent willing to work for smaller purses but who are also future stars.

UFC never releases fighters on suspension, Cro Cop is the only exception. They released Mir earlier too, but reached an agreement not to fight anywhere until his 2 years ban expires.
They have released some guys before.
Brandao, Augusto Tanquinho and Carlos Boi are the ones that comes to mind.

as seen with Lawlor and Mir I dont see UFC letting Werdum out of his contract until his suspension is just about up. Dont want to undermine USADA's suspension.

as seen with Lawlor and Mir I dont see UFC letting Werdum out of his contract until his suspension is just about up. Dont want to undermine USADA's suspension.
UFC released Mir before his suspension was up

UFC released Mir before his suspension was up

and made him sign a contract stating he wouldnt fight before his suspension was up.

“Now officially I’m no longer apart of the UFC. I finally have my release, it’s official. They put a couple of little contingencies in there. Basically because USADA is not able to regulate or has no ability to do anything outside of the authority of the UFC, they knew that once I was released technically I could go do whatever I want. So part of me not having to drag this battle out was I made a concession that I would wait until April, which is when the suspension would’ve ended anyway, to start fighting. Basically not to give a big f*ck you to USADA I guess.”

Will he fight in the same organization in Russia as Josh Barnett? If so......I wanna watch those two duke it out.

Russia or Japan, Bellator had no dealing with that scuzzy manager until Paul Daley and one other switched to him

Werdum is sponsored by Kadyrov so he'll probably fight for him.

Another victim of USADA. Too bad he couldn't arrange for some Jon Jones treatment with a phony excuse. I guess he doesn't pull high enough ppv numbers.

Back