Man loses it on Idiot Protesters Blocking Freeway

I'm not sure what your point is. Lots of people were absolutely pissed at the Montreal students: no matter how many there were. People were saying the exact same thing about those protesters that Atheist is saying about these protesters. I don't see how your post changes that fact, even disregarding the fact that this is one protest in a much wider trend: there have been Ferguson protests all over the USA.

The student protests actually had numbers though. I sure as hell didn't agree with a lot of things they did (like blocking people who wanted to go to class from actually going), but I have no problems with hundreds of thousands taking to the streets.

But two dozen or so people blocking tens of thousands of law abiding citizens from getting to work doesn't make them some kind of martyr. Comparing this to the Montreal Student protests is laughable, and this is coming from a Montrealer who wasn't exactly sympathetic to their cause.

You going to compare these guys to Ghandi next? How about Jesus?

what are the people blocking traffic even trying to achieve? get rid of due process and forget about being innocent until proven guilty?

what are the people blocking traffic even trying to achieve? get rid of due process and forget about being innocent until proven guilty?

Hoping to get run over because it elevates their victim status. They are mentally ill. Not kidding.

I lost it on some protesters who were blocking traffic once. It was back in 2006 I think and these people all came out and blocked the street, they were protesting something about clean needles. Like getting the government to supply clean needles to junkies. And I was in the work truck trying to get to a job, and I was losing it. "I don't give a fuck if some junkie piece of shit dies! I hope you all get aids!" I was like having a meltdown, it was a really hot day and everything lmao. If people recorded everything back then like they do now that shit woulda went viral.

The student protests actually had numbers though. I sure as hell didn't agree with a lot of things they did (like blocking people who wanted to go to class from actually going), but I have no problems with hundreds of thousands taking to the streets.

But two dozen or so people blocking tens of thousands of law abiding citizens from getting to work doesn't make them some kind of martyr. Comparing this to the Montreal Student protests is laughable, and this is coming from a Montrealer who wasn't exactly sympathetic to their cause.

You going to compare these guys to Ghandi next? How about Jesus?

Who cares? I was addressing the attitude towards disruptive protestors, since it wasn't the number of people protesting that Atheist had a problem with: it was the methods. He said so himself.

And there are numbers, besides, just not in this particular demonstration. Thousands were in the streets in NYC this week, closing three bridges. So, are the Manhattan protestors okay, but the San Diego ones not okay, despite the fact that they're protesting the exact same thing?

I agree. You know I saw that video the other day where the crowd was beating on the windows of that slow moving car? The driver got scared and hit the throttle and ran over one or two protestors. Some lib protestors probably dream of being a victim. They think it strengthens their cause. Then the hippies thought they were gonna show that car who was boss. They got run over and then started whining. It's funny but its sad too. Those idiots have no common sense. It would be nice if you could learn that at college too. But you can't.

[YT]watch?v=uAHHmOXjtYw[/YT]

Lol at the SJW with his starbucks at 0:57. "That car hit somebody!"

I feel no sympathy for anyone who stands in front of a car in those circumstances.

The protesters should make a difference in their own lives by getting a job.

That seems unlikely, given what they're protesting was the result of a grand jury proceeding (one with some controversy, btw), and not a criminal trial.

That seems unlikely, given what they're protesting was the result of a grand jury proceeding (one with some controversy, btw), and not a criminal trial.

yes, the grand jury found there was not enough evidence to prove he was guilty, right?

so if these people believe he is innocent until proven guilty, and the grand jury decided it shouldn't go even bother going to trial because there isn't enough evidence for him to be proven guilty. then why are they protesting?

"we believe you are innocent until proven guilty"
"there isn't enough evidence for him to be proven guilty"
"WTF!!!! PROTEST!!!HE IS GUILTY!!!BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

that doesn't sound like the reaction of someone who believes you are innocent until proven guilty.

in fact, it sounds like they already deemed him guilty, and they are upset that he didn't go to jail despite the fact there wasn't enough evidence for a guilty verdict.

Who cares? I was addressing the attitude towards disruptive protestors, since it wasn't the number of people protesting that Atheist had a problem with: it was the methods. He said so himself.

And there are numbers, besides, just not in this particular demonstration. Thousands were in the streets in NYC this week, closing three bridges. So, are the Manhattan protestors okay, but the San Diego ones not okay, despite the fact that they're protesting the exact same thing?

Thousands? The Montreal protests had HUNDREDS of thousands.

And no... If the intent of a protest is for a small minority to disrupt the movement of the vast majority of law abiding citizens, then I'm not okay with it. That's not to say that I'm against protests in general. You and Zroc are making a false equivalence, saying that supporting a couple of dozen protestors blocking tens of thousands of people from getting to work means that you support the Tienanmen square massacre and oppose all forms of protests.

yes, the grand jury found there was not enough evidence to prove he was guilty, right?

They found there was not enough evidence to indict: the people protesting disagree with that, and probably feel that the grand jury procedure was deeply flawed in this case (there were actual procedural errors committed in the instruction of the grand jury, for example).

Thousands? The Montreal protests had HUNDREDS of thousands.

Again, who fucking cares? Is there some specific number you have as a cut off?

You're quibbling.

And no... If the intent of a protest is for a small minority to disrupt the movement of the vast majority of law abiding citizens, then I'm not okay with it. That's not to say that I'm against protests in general. You and Zroc are making a false equivalence, saying that supporting a couple of dozen protestors blocking tens of thousands of people from getting to work means that you support the Tienanmen square massacre and oppose all forms of protests.

What the fuck? You wanna try again?

Drivers should run those fucking jackasses over. protesters are all worthless trouble making homos.

Just drive forward. Those idiots will get out of the way.

There is one good thing that comes from these protestors, they turn people away from their cause.

Assholes had their cars blocking traffic. They should have smashed them.

Assholes had their cars blocking traffic. They should have smashed them.

Clear lack of good ole boys.

Pick up? check
Bush bars? check

Problem solved.

39876-The-Rock-applauds-applause-cla-OmWp.gif

and if the protesters surrounded the white house and shut down Washington?

"The problem I have is that these entitled college kids are disrupting ordinary people's lives and losing whatever sympathy they had for their cause."

I'm not even kidding. This is the exact line of thought used by the Chinese military during the Tienanmen protests - "Those spoiled rich college students don't appreciate what they have." Aren't you the same guy who laughed at seeing protesters mowed down by a car?

Maybe some nuance is in order and its not unreasonable to judge the legitamacy of the protest based on what is being protested. This Mike Brown incident is a non starter....you'd have been hard pressed to find a less sympathetic or shittier person and set of circumstances to try and build a revolution on , and it's a shame as there are definitely some legit gripes there. As it stands you've made a criminal/ bully your mascot and the entire cause is much less legitimate for it.

Back