Man Hangs Baby, Kills Self On Facebook Live

• Thread starter Deleted member 491001
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 491001

Is this the new reality we're facing where people decide to stream their most heinous acts?

What will the implications of this be?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/250588216-story

BANGKOK (AP) - A man in Thailand upset with his wife hanged their 11-month-old daughter on Facebook Live and then killed himself, police said Tuesday.

Police Col. Jirasak Siemsak said officers found the bodies of 20-year-old Wuttisan Wongtalay and the baby in an abandoned hotel in Phuket province after receiving reports of the video.

"He felt neglected by his wife because they had been fighting so he took his 11-month-old daughter to the site of the crime which is the abandoned hotel," Jirasak said. "Then we found the bodies hanging off the hotel."

Exactly. And just like the explosion of people doing every type of insane thing on youtube, is that all going to be live now? Trending insanity?
I have no problem with weak people removing themselves from the gene pool, I do have issue with them taking innocents with them.

Human beings have come to a point in our development where we are just completely broken beyond repair as a species. All over the world we commit senseless vile against each other. Now technology allows us to broadcast the very worst in our species to each other.

The old sci fi dream of humans one day evolving to a point where world peace and utopia is achieved and all of man's pain, fear, poverty and hate is dispelled is never going to happen. We'll be gnashing our teeth and tearing each other apart until we blow our own planet up.

Exactly. And just like the explosion of people doing every type of insane thing on youtube, is that all going to be live now? Trending insanity?

Well, yes.

With the ability to record and share everything on social media, really means everything.

When I Facebook love was first announced, this was the kind of shit I was afraid of

That just sad about the child.

What a shit head to want to hurt his wife so bad he killed his child.

People have been doing things like this and worse for as long as we have been around. Now they just get more what they want which is a more attention.

I'm not sure if will help but the media realy should not mention their name or show their face so they don't get what they want.

I'm not saying make a law but they could just do it for the benefit of everyone.

WTF is the point of threads like this aside from a collection of "OMG, what a piece of shit! I'd like to (insert hideous physical punishment here)!"?

WTF is the point of threads like this aside from a collection of "OMG, what a piece of shit! I'd like to (insert hideous physical punishment here)!"?

We want more censorship! Ban Facebook and livestreaming! Shut the internet down!

7.5 billion people and the planet, and a huge number of them are on social media. Just based off sheer numbers, I'm surprised we don't see a lot more fucked up stuff than we do.

7.5 billion people and the planet, and a huge number of them are on social media. Just based off sheer numbers, I'm surprised we don't see a lot more fucked up stuff than we do.

I think it'll keep ramping up more and more.

I mean humans have been doing terrible things to each other since the dawn of time. But most of it tended to be against enemies, opposing clans/tribes etc. It was rare that someone did such a terrible thing to their babies, parents, family etc.

Now its a daily occurrence of people not only killing others, but killing the people they are supposed to love and take care of.

Human beings have come to a point in our development where we are just completely broken beyond repair as a species. All over the world we commit senseless vile against each other. Now technology allows us to broadcast the very worst in our species to each other.

The old sci fi dream of humans one day evolving to a point where world peace and utopia is achieved and all of man's pain, fear, poverty and hate is dispelled is never going to happen. We'll be gnashing our teeth and tearing each other apart until we blow our own planet up.

It's actually not so bad when you look at our history as whole. We've been steadily improving as a species. Unfortunately will still have people willing to do this kind of crazy stuff and if I had to guess we always will in some form or another.

-Where's our attention whore/social media society going?
-Are we just more aware of such things due to the web, or is this a new phenomenon?
-How can this be countered?

I think young people growing up with celebrities who are famous due to being famous sends some kind of signal to youngins that it's a status symbol to be coveted. Shit like TMZ and gossip rags aren't fit to wipe my ass with, let alone read. They promote style over substance and unreachable standards of beauty coupled with vapid stupidity. I blame idiotic womens rags. They send the signal of "fame and notoriety at any cost".

Yeah, it's not the same thing as broadcasting crimes to the world, but to some people getting attention is the be all end all. I think the worst thing we can do is give acts like this more than just a fleeting acknowledgement, as blowing it up might give a glimmer of hope to those seeking to have their faces all over the news.

Shit like this, the FB shooter, the FB gang rapists, and the FB torturers need to have their feed cut off asap. Then feed them into a wood chipper.

Let's start there.

I think it'll keep ramping up more and more.

I mean humans have been doing terrible things to each other since the dawn of time. But most of it tended to be against enemies, opposing clans/tribes etc. It was rare that someone did such a terrible thing to their babies, parents, family etc.

Now its a daily occurrence of people not only killing others, but killing the people they are supposed to love and take care of.

What makes you think these sorts of things haven't happened throughout history? When people mentally break who knows what they are capable of.

History tends to highly conflicts because they shape things at a more macro level, but I'm sure at an individual level there are all sorts of tragic stories.

Don't care. More extreme things happen daily and are witness by people that don't willingly watch.

Back