Man gets really good at ancient archerey

was he danish? i didnt watch with sound on.

though the gym and the field he was training on seemed very danish to me.

Yep. He's Danish.

Very cool vid. I've been wanting to take up archery as a hobby.

Makes me wonder why early firearms displaced bows.

I bet it was a gradual thing. I would much rather have 20 guys with these skills then 20 guys w those front loading muskets unless is was really close quarters.

Very simple explanation, same reason crossbows became so popular: Training.

Any idiot can shoot a gun or crossbow. Longbows and Mongol-style bows were awesomely effective but they took immense training and skill to use properly ... years of endless practice to become a master archer.

Guns allowed you to take any idiot and with a couple weeks' basic training they can unleash heavy, accurate fire on their opponents. Easy to form and field huge armies that way at much lower expense.

this guy is set for the zombie apocalypse

No shit. I'll be lining up behind him when the vampires attack, too. Maybe get him some steel tipped arrows to take care of any werewolf infestations, too.

No shit. I'll be lining up behind him when the vampires attack, too. Maybe get him some steel tipped arrows to take care of any werewolf infestations, too.

Steel tipped you say? Well you'll be the first to die.

Dude has huge balls for splitting an hour coming straight at him. If he misses his shot by half a centimetre, it's night night for him.

silver tipped for the werewolves brah. i just saved your life potentially.

It takes years of practice to become a skilled archer, firearms and crossbows required less training to use effectively. There was also an economic advantage to switching to firearms as as it was far cheaper to produce musket balls than arrows. I've also read that the blast from a firearm had a significant effect on morale in a battle, encouraging the soldier firing the weapon and demoralizing the enemy.

I don't remember who said it, but there's a saying that goes "If you want to train an archer, start with his grandfather."

That guy is wicked. Get him on the show Arrow ASAP

That Lars guy take this very seriously.

Pretty cool though

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Here's another video of his.

I'd love to see this form of archery become more popular.

Impressive. For a Scandinavian pussy.

Expect the feminists to be all over this, and class white male archers as long range rapists.

Well, I'm a level 12 wizard and just cast a 'protection from missiles' spell. Not so badass now are you?

Have to hear him say "You have failed this city" before rendering judgement

Was not expecting that level of badassery. I hope his skills have netted him a ton of archery pussy.

Back