Man Ellenberger fought a long MURDERERS row

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
For a full like 7 years he fought killers and high level guys back to back to back. When this topic of guys that got thrown to wolves comes up he never really gets mentioned, but look at this:

Jake Shields
Diego
Kampmann(loss)
Jay Heiron
Marquart
RORY MAC(loss)
ROBBIE LAWLER(loss)
KELVIN GASTELUM(loss)
Koscheck
STEPHEN THOMPSON(loss)
Tarrec Saffedine(loss)
Matt brown
JORGE MASVIDAL(loss)
Mike Perry(loss)

WW is such a hard fucking division. Buts who's cheerios did Elleberger piss in? o_O

For a full like 7 years he fought killers and high level guys back to back to back. When this topic of guys that got thrown to wolves comes up he never really gets mentioned, but look at this:

Jake Shields
Diego
Kampmann(loss)
Jay Heiron
Marquart
RORY MAC(loss)
ROBBIE LAWLER(loss)
KELVIN GASTELUM(loss)
Koscheck
STEPHEN THOMPSON(loss)
Tarrec Saffedine(loss)
Matt brown
JORGE MASVIDAL(loss)
Mike Perry(loss)

WW is such a hard fucking division. Buts who's cheerios did Elleberger piss in? o_O

Dude...why don't you mention that:

1. He started his career by fighting CONDIT and nearly taking that fight, making it a bloody brawl;
2. A fight before the UFC he knocked out PELE LANDI JONES in a couple of seconds!!!

To me he will always be the guy that slept on karate and then got wheel kicked to the shadow realm

That's the life of a high level gatekeeper.

Definitely a murderers row, culminating in him almost actually being killed.

I actually thought that he still had potential to get it together after the Masvidal loss (awkward loss), but the Saunders and Barberena losses really showed his deterioration.

Why is The Hitman not in all caps?

Jake Shields
Diego
Kampmann(loss)
Jay Heiron
Marquart
RORY MAC(loss)
ROBBIE LAWLER(loss)
KELVIN GASTELUM(loss)
Koscheck
STEPHEN THOMPSON(loss)
Tarrec Saffedine(loss)
Matt brown
JORGE MASVIDAL(loss)
Mike Perry(loss)

You dont need to piss in cheerios. Its the UFC, unless youre conrad, you gotta fight top contenders once youre in the top 10. Who he fought isnt that big of deal.

Everyone in that list who became top 5ish have similar big names on their resume.

Rory, Robbie, Kelvin, Wonderboy, Masvidal, Brown, Jake shields, Diego etc.. they all have faced murderous rows. you cant stay at the top for an extended period and not face any names.

Fans like you lack brain cells to understand that its not special and basically every name on that list have a similar or better resume than his.

You dont need to piss in cheerios. Its the UFC, unless youre conrad, you gotta fight top contenders once youre in the top 10. Who he fought isnt that big of deal.

Everyone in that list who became top 5ish have similar big names on their resume.

Rory, Robbie, Kelvin, Wonderboy, Masvidal, Brown, Jake shields, Diego etc.. they all have faced murderous rows. you cant stay at the top for an extended period and not face any names.

Fans like you lack brain cells to understand that its not special and basically every name on that list have a similar or better resume than his.
Holy shit dude I dont know what is going on in your life making you so miserable and lash out like that over nothing but I sincerely hope it gets better.

Ok, that was a lie. I hope it stays the same and you continue to suffer like the loser you are.

Jaysus! Going by that list it's a wonder he's still mobile.

Ellenberger fought a particularly tough rub of guys for middle-tier fighter, dude, you can't say that he didn't...

Ellenberger fought a particularly tough rub of guys for middle-tier fighter, dude, you can't say that he didn't...
Never said he didnt. I said that most big names on his resume have similar or tougher resumes than his.

We know it's a murders row, we can look at a lot of fighters records and know they have fought some really dangerous guys... But a casual looks at that and thinks 'Lol Lawler lost to Askren and Gastelum just lost 2 in a row, this guy gets beat by bums!'

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Never said he didnt. I said that most big names on his resume have similar or tougher resumes than his.
But Ellenberger was never really a big name, that's the thing, they wanted him to be, but his record was the kind you give to someone on a title hunt, not a guy that had a habit of getting KTFO.

But Ellenberger was never really a big name, that's the thing, they wanted him to be, but his record was the kind you give to someone on a title hunt, not a guy that had a habit of getting KTFO.
Time spent as a top 10 is mainly the only factor that determines how many big names you face in your career. Just like Barboza, MJ, Cerrone, Maia, Condit and many more..

You dont need to be a big name to be facing big names as i mentioned first post... If you spend enough time in top 10-5 youre likely to face all the good guys. Most gate keepers and journeymen have faced similar or better opposition.

What you guys insinuating is that hes a special case when he actually is not. Anyone who spend as much time in the top 10-15 as he is, is likely to face all the going up younger talents or going down older talents. AKA gatekeeping.

Time spent as a top 10 is mainly the only factor that determines how many big names you face in your career. Just like Barboza, MJ, Cerrone, Maia, Condit and many more..

You dont need to be a big name to be facing big names as i mentioned first post... If you spend enough time in top 10-5 youre likely to face all the good guys. Most gate keepers and journeymen have faced similar or better opposition.

What you guys insinuating is that hes a special case when he actually is not. Anyone who spend as much time in the top 10-15 as he is, is likely to face all the going up younger talents or going down older talents. AKA gatekeeping.
I hear what you're saying, but he was a very low level gatekeeper after a while, and because he had a reasonable name they were throwing him monsters on the up and up even when he was coming off a loss.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a fighter that had a more difficult run during that time. Guys higher in ranking than him were getting much easier fights.

You are right though, the definition if a gatekeeper is the filter the studs from the scrubs, but damn. Even gatekeepers need a tune up sometimes.

That's impressive, but not as impressive as lawler.

Colby, Askren,RDA Cowboy, Woodley, Condit, Rory, Hendricks, Matt Brown, Ellenberger, Koscheck, Larkin, Tim Kennedy, Manhoef, Shields, Trigg, Mayhem, Nick Diaz and Jacare.

Now that's a fucking resume.

Jake Shields
Diego
Kampmann(loss)
Jay Heiron
Marquart
RORY MAC(loss)
ROBBIE LAWLER(loss)
KELVIN GASTELUM(loss)
Koscheck
STEPHEN THOMPSON(loss)
Tarrec Saffedine(loss)
Matt brown
JORGE MASVIDAL(loss)
Mike Perry(loss)

I really like the guy, no doubt the guy was hugely talented, solid ground game (being a div11 all American I think). Plus he had a one punch knock out power as well. Was heading well towards a title shot. Just don't know what happened to him after the Rory loss. He just became a punching bag, his chin just went.

I definitely think he was one of the fighters who took a beating from usada back in the day. I always wished that pre usada Ellenberger fought pre usada Hendricks back in the day. I believe that figh5 would have been bloody fireworks back in their primes.

he’s one dude who im sad went off the sauce. he came in like a crazy corn fed white bruiser linebacker boutta face mask drag the running back down helmet to helmet, left looking like a glasses wearing accountant liberal cuck

SAD!

Back