Man destroys theory of evolution in 4 minutes!!!

This Hadron guy is a phenomenal troll. He got me as well. He has an entire board full of people ready to discuss with him and he keeps stringing us along with statements so stupid no human could believe them and still function. I have to give him all the props in the world.

This Hadron guy is a phenomenal troll. He got me as well. He has an entire board full of people ready to discuss with him and he keeps stringing us along with statements so stupid no human could believe them and still function. I have to give him all the props in the world.

If he is a troll, then holy hell he got me. I want to believe he is because there is no way someone can believe half the shit he says....but I'm not so sure he is

So many pages of the "What is a day" topic that i actually lost track of why it was being debated, and what argument it applied to.

If he is a troll, then holy hell he got me. I want to believe he is because there is no way someone can believe half the shit he says....but I'm not so sure he is

He's not a troll, he's a brainwashed christian.

Well the way he's got everyone desperate to engage him intelligently and then keeps stringing us along with gibberish is masterful.

Lol I had to stop engaging him in another thread when he kept equating homosexuals to child molesters and bestiality.

He is quite the troll aficionado.

So many pages of the "What is a day" topic that i actually lost track of why it was being debated, and what argument it applied to.

I hold that a literally reading of the Bible does not contradict modern scientific understanding.

Someone said that Genesis says the earth was created in six, 24-hour days. I pointed out that Genesis onlys says a day is defined as sun-up, sun-down, sun-up again. It never says that period is 24 hours.

Someone said days always mean 24 hours. I correct them that days are the rotational period of the earth. This has varied throughout history, and also, according to Special Relativity, depends on the reference frame of the observer. I gave these as plausibles alternatives to the assumption that one rotational period had to be 24 hours.

Apprantely, this is highly controversial, and makes me a troll, even those this is basic, established science. They teach this to 2nd year physicists. Its ok if they had never learned because they didn't take science courses. We all learn different things. But the point is, is that they have never been corrected, and still continue to insist that special relativity somehow didn't exist in the past.

I hold that a literally reading of the Bible does not contradict modern scientific understanding.

Someone said that Genesis says the earth was created in six, 24-hour days. I pointed out that Genesis onlys says a day is defined as sun-up, sun-down, sun-up again. It never says that period is 24 hours.

Someone said days always mean 24 hours. I correct them that days are the rotational period of the earth. This has varied throughout history, and also, according to Special Relativity, depends on the reference frame of the observer. I gave these as plausibles alternatives to the assumption that one rotational period had to be 24 hours.

Apprantely, this is highly controversial, and makes me a troll, even those this is basic, established science. They teach this to 2nd year physicists. Its ok if they had never learned because they didn't take science courses. We all learn different things. But the point is, is that they have never been corrected, and still continue to insist that special relativity somehow didn't exist in the past.

You are fabulous.

Regardless of weather the bible is right or wrong... you still have not answered my questions, and even edited the bottom ones out from my post. I'll repost, now for the 4th time:

And I'll repost the answers I've already given you.

"Wouldn't you agree that most people reading the bible (at any point in human history since the time it was written) would logically conclude that a day is roughly 24 hours?

No. Many people might conclude 24 hours, but that is not the literally, logical conclusion. Because the Bible did not literally say 24 hours.

If that was not the intent of the writers... then wouldn't that make them dishonest, and bring the credibility of the bible itself into question?

I'll counter that one of the central messages in the Bible is that knowledge, and even moreso, the pretense of knowledge is dangerous, and often leads away from God. Humans became thinkers, but not perfect thinkers. Hence, we will arrive to many false conclusions, but in our arrogance, think we have arrived at the correct one

Further more doesn't the word "day" occur many times thorugthout the bible? If we established that a day equals something vastly different than 24 hours, wouldn't that cause other places where the word "day" occurs to not make any sense in their contexts?"

We have established a day as a full cycle of the sun in the sky.

Sometimes, that will happen to take 24 hours, other times, maybe not. You know for example, that if Jesus was on the cross for a certain number of days, you can probably assume he was there for multiples of 24 hours measured in the earth centered inertial frame, since we know where was crucified, and we know the rotational period of the earth at that time.

But you can't extrapolate that back to prehistorical times, or even metaphysical times.

:icon_neut

At this point he has to be trolling, if not he is so deeply flawed in his reasoning that he is beyond help.

A day is a day to everyone save for Hadron and his holy bible space ship of literal relativity!

What? The bible is filled with miracles, which by there very nature defy scientific understanding. A man walking on water, the raising of the dead, the transformation of water to wine, the extended survival inside the belly of a whale. All of these contradict modern scientific understanding.

And since this is Genesis specific, what exactly was the earth rotating around for the "day(s)" it existed before god created the sun?

In order to take the bible literally, you have to suspend scientific belief. Or argue that God can create phenomena that exists outside the laws of physics.

I give another two months before this gimmick account is banned.

I suspect Hadron is the newer account of a previously well known poster who liked to troll the religion threads. Back when J Pan Rok and ndwolfwood used to frequent these parts.

Hadron is a troll.
He frequently spew shits in other sub forum as well. Let him be.

And now all rational debate ceases, and the defeated part falls back to screaming "troll!" and namecalling.

And now all rational debate ceases, and the defeated part falls back to screaming "troll!" and namecalling.

I almost replied with this exact same thing. As soon as one side gives up its "TROLL!"

Hadron, I am going post something from my Christian up-bringing that will show you just how stupid your argument is. The bible does not mention the word "rain' until the flood story. My parents (and their congregation) believe that it did not rain on Earth until the flood.

sounds silly right? that's how silly your argument is. If you are arguing that a "day" could have been millions of years, then one side of the Earth would have been baked to a crisp while the other side would be a block of ice. stop making these stupid rationalizations for a fairy tale.

Rational debate ceases when your answer to something is "faith" or "the bible is inerrant" or when you can't apply the word "literally". Calling you a troll isn't rational, but plenty of your answers haven't been.

Defeated? How cute.

Hadron, I am going post something from my Christian up-bringing that will show you just how stupid your argument is. The bible does not mention the word "rain' until the flood story. My parents (and their congregation) believe that it did not rain on Earth until the flood.

sounds silly right? that's how silly your argument is. If you are arguing that a "day" could have been millions of years, then one side of the Earth would have been baked to a crisp while the other side would be a block of ice. stop making these stupid rationalizations for a fairy tale.

I thought the original argument was that another user was claiming the lineage of the bible pointed to an age that did not line up with how old the bible indicated the earth was. And i thought Hadron was illustrating why that interpretation could be wrong.

maybe i'm wrong. but that's what i thought was going on.

Back