• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maldonado lost manager for taking Fedor fight: 'I made a mistake by not telling

I think it's perfectly fair. He was retired for a while and needs to get back into shape as he rebuilds his resume for the American fans. If he needs 4 or 5 fights, let him take 4 or 5 fights which likely end in 4 or 5 brutal knockouts. Then he can go to Bellator as a star.

This is only possible if he takes a dip in the fountain of youth.

Maldonado did as good against Miocic as Werdum (who beat Fedor) did....so judging by that, Maldonado by sub in the 1st.

I think it's perfectly fair. He was retired for a while and needs to get back into shape as he rebuilds his resume for the American fans. If he needs 4 or 5 fights, let him take 4 or 5 fights which likely end in 4 or 5 brutal knockouts. Then he can go to Bellator as a star.
Dude.. he is like 40 years old... stop fucking around and fight some good fighters Fedor.

And this comes from a big Emelianenko fan.

Dude.. he is like 40 years old... stop fucking around and fight some good fighters Fedor.

And this comes from a big Emelianenko fan.

If you really were "a big Emelianenko fan" you'd know he's younger than most UFC HWs. He's got plenty of time. Let him go at his own pace. He's earned it.

If you really were "a big Emelianenko fan" you'd know he's younger than most UFC HWs. He's got plenty of time. Let him go at his own pace. He's earned it.
No he is not. Only Hunt is older IIRC.

Pace? He should be fighting mid tier fighters outside the US with at least some name value. There are plenty of them. Maldonado is just not one.

You have guys like Shawn Jordan, Jared Rosholt, Geronimo dos Santos, etc. around there... they can at least put a fight. Maldonado is there to be taken down and finished.

Lol Hurt his managers feelings?

i assume a manager knows a bit more about how to negotiate a fight contract and all of the ancillary details besides just purse. but maybe maldonado's happy to take the money and not have someone take a cut for once. long run, it's never good to lose a manger you came up with, and maldonado seems to regret it.

No he is not. Only Hunt is older IIRC.

Pace? He should be fighting mid tier fighters outside the US with at least some name value. There are plenty of them. Maldonado is just not one.

You have guys like Shawn Jordan, Jared Rosholt, Geronimo dos Santos, etc. around there... they can at least put a fight. Maldonado is there to be taken down and finished.

Give him some time. He'll fight guys like that when he's ready.

Back