• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Makhachev Broke Volkanovski

Makhachev was exposed in this fight. Any rugby player who doesn't have to eat 4000 cals a day to make 155 lbs would submit him.

How is this blatant troll post still up and not wastelanded yet…… been a slow month/year

Why was he yelling at Makhachev and his corner instead of addressing the body triangle Makhachev had him in, while down at least two rounds, if he was not broken?

He was no longer trying to win the fight man. He was definitely broken at that point.
So broken that afterwards he turned in the most dominating round of the fight

You sound delusional at best, stupid at worst

This is the correct take, op is obviously trolling.

I'm not invested in either fighter, but I thought Volk won 48-47.

If anyone was broken it was Islam in the 5th; he was looking up at the clock repeatedly, terribly gassed and hurt, and the fight ended with him getting punched in the face whilst on his back.

Honestly, I thought Volk would beat up Islam standing, but Islam more than held his own in that department.

Better than that 4 to 1 horseshit you're spouting. That's ridiculous
None agreed with your scoring...1 judge agreed with mine...
0_Screenshot-2023-02-12-at-061036.png

Volkanovski lost nearly all of the striking exchanges, had no case for winning, and was absolutely mentally broken by Makhachev after getting taken down in the fourth round. He doesn’t appear to handle power all that well at 155 nor does he appear able to deal with the threat of the takedown without having his offense effectively muted. The commentators said largely the exact same thing during the fight.

Volkanovski survived the fight but was unable to initiate meaningful offense due to the threat of the takedown. It is wild to see how many genuinely believe Volkanovski fought good when he did nothing but survive the entire fight. During the fourth round, while trapped in a body triangle, he was yelling at Makhachev and his corner instead of trying to escape and get back to his feet; having lost at least two of the first three rounds. If that’s not breaking your opponent what is?

I wonder if the folks pretending Volkanovski won are really just fans who unnecessarily trashed him after his fights with Max? Now they are trashing Makhachev and his triumph over Volkanovski in a perpetual cycle of clownish behavior.

Do you have your pants on your head right now?

Volk won the 5th round pretty handily and looked ready to go 5 more.

Back