News Makhachaev vs Moises July 17.

I heard Islam wants to fight CM punk next because he's a worthy opponent too.

Totally agree. Moises also has a great ground game and is improving steadily. I recall when he pulled out the sub on MJ thinking MJ blew it again and just needed to stay standing at all costs to cruise to victory. Then against Bobby, who is a very good all-around fighter, Moises looked improved, and against Alexander he dominated. That’s a damn good streak, and you’d expect the 17th best lightweight in the world to slip up and end up 2-1 or 1-2 in that run. Does anyone here bet on Raging Al or Fighter Kevin against Moises? I personally wouldn’t... To me he’s a younger, hungrier CDF with more upside.

Nah. All you need to do is eat h how competitive CDF vs. dariush was, then compare it to how one sided dariush vs. moises was.

Moises has potential, but he's still far off from these guys. Dariush smothered him for thirteen minutes of a fifteen minute fight. I expect this to be easy for Islam, unfortunately

Nah. All you need to do is eat h how competitive CDF vs. dariush was, then compare it to how one sided dariush vs. moises was.

Moises has potential, but he's still far off from these guys. Dariush smothered him for thirteen minutes of a fifteen minute fight. I expect this to be easy for Islam, unfortunately

Islam looks dominant, so I expect him to win. But would you bet on Raging Al or Lee to beat Moises? I definitely wouldn’t. I agree that CDF is a good comparison but Moises is younger and still in growth mode.

Islam looks dominant, so I expect him to win. But would you bet on Raging Al or Lee to beat Moises? I definitely wouldn’t. I agree that CDF is a good comparison but Moises is younger and still in growth mode.

I think those fights would be much more competitive and harder to predict. Islam 30-27 is pretty easy to predict in this fight, imo. Moises doesn't have the TDD to stop Islam, and while moises has very good bjj, it will likely be stifled by islam's top game.

It's to be expected as most of top 10 are ducking him hard.

Islam, while only ranked 10 currently, would probably be the betting favorite against the top LWs regardless of their rank.

Agreed, this fight will tell us nothing. It’s just gonna be an easy win and another few months of “Islam hasn’t fought anybody!” And the top guys ducking him. The most I see happening is he creeps up to #9 in the rankings. But I don’t see him getting a meaningful opponent in 2021. Which means that the very earliest we could potentially be seeing him vying for a belt is probably end of 2022, beginning of 2023.

Who the hell is thiago moises

I love people who out themselves as casuals when they post stuff like this

Thiago has had like, 6 fights in the UFC, vs guys like Beneil, Bobby Green, he tapped Johnson, he just beat Alex Hernandez, these are ranked fighters.

It's just laughable that this is supposed to be the forum of "hardcore" fans and we have goofs like Peli who literally don't even watch fights but post thousands of times.

Back