Makeshift Tag Teams

catchwrestle

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was watching a Mega Powers promo the other day and started thinking about tag team matches that were really just two guys thrown together to face a major heel team. I'm a big tag team wrestling fan and tend to be annoyed when guys are just thrown together as two single starts in a team as opposed to guys who are legit tag teams such as The B Team when compared to The Midnight Express.

But there have been times when two guys were thrown together for a short time that made for some great programs. Two I'll mention are Sting and Davey Boy vs Vader and Sid. This program only lasted a few months and was an extension of the Vader/Davey Boy feud but man it was sold well. I remember being so pumped as a kid to watch this play out.
The second was The Perfect Partner feud from survivor series '92 when Macho Man needed to find a partner to face off against Ric Flair and Razor Ramon. Had Mr. Perfect coming our of 'retirement' to work as a face alongside Savage. Had some great promos and a good payoff match.

Any others you guys remember?

Kane is the king of makeshift tag teams. I enjoyed his stuff with Hurricane and RVD.

Allied Powers

allied-powers-wwf1.jpg

the late nineties/early 2000's were high times for the wacky mixed up tag team partners who hate each other

Angle and Benoit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back