Make my Funk the P-Funk

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
I want to get Funked up!

Funkadelic classics

Maggot Brain is amazing. It was the first time I heard a Funkadelic song and I didn't even know it. I saw Nico Vega cover it in a little club in Amarillo, Texas. They did it justice in my opinion.

Got to see them back in the late 90's. They landed their Mother ship on stage. When they busted out Flashlight the whole place lost its collective mind

Just want to say WEEN'S tribute to Parliament-Funkadelic guitarist Eddie Hazel is a beautiful thing. Respect.

photo-EddieHazel_large.jpg

Funk Yes, I love listening to this shit cause my parents did, and yeah sure it’s dated, I still love this shit.

I puffed out George,Snyder (RIP) and more a few times in a few cities. Cool as funk. So funky it will blow your mind. Great thread. WE-FUNK, the US funk mob is my favorite all time band.

Sad, last time I saw them George had a chair and had to sit on stage while his son played his roll. Not many years left. I saw them first in the mid 90s tripping balls...great great times.

I left the Republic at NOLA jazz fest after seeing them to walk a short stretch to the Howling wolf to see Bernie Worrell with the meters last set.

Some great memories and forgetten. Move your mind and your sss will follow. May the funk be with you.

any of yall funky brothas watching tales from the tour bus? its off the hook!!!! sorry about that its off the hinges!!!!!!

Off Ice Cube's new album:

Lynch and Sicx - Raw Edge Bullshit, samples a bunch of different P Funk tracks (lyrics are explicit)

Funk Yes, I love listening to this shit cause my parents did, and yeah sure it’s dated, I still love this shit.
I disagree, I think it's way ahead of its time if anything, even now. For example look at how heavily they were sampled in the G Funk era and that is still considered possibly the best era of rap because of the iconic beats.

Back