Make it happen Dana: 2016

100 Not Out

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After current champs deal with their immediate challengers, can 2016 be the year of multi-division champs?

Aldo v Pettis

Lawler v Weidman

Jones v Cain

Make it exciting Dana! Make it happen!

PS: I pick Pettis, Lawler and Cain.

Odds will be against him but I think Robbie has better and more diverse striking and he showed a markedly improved takedown defense vs Hendricks twice.

Weidman slowed down vs Machida and was getting hit. I wouldn't put it past Ruthless to knock him out. Robbie fought at MW before.

Yeah...that'd be a great way to fuck up most of the divisions.

Odds will be against him but I think Robbie has better and more diverse striking and he showed a markedly improved takedown defense vs Hendricks twice.

Weidman slowed down vs Machida and was getting hit. I wouldn't put it past Ruthless to knock him out. Robbie fought at MW before.

No way, I would be willing to bet all my future earnings on Weidman.

It doesn't make sense to have champs fight champs. It's an automatic win/lose.

TS is either a Bigg Rigg fan or just hates Lawler

Aldo decisions Pettis by mixing it up and going heavy on leg kicks with no fear of the takedown

Yes, I would rather live in serene mediocrity of the current UFC match-ups. Why even be excited in this life if it messes up the divisions, eh?

I was being kind to Weidman because Vitor is going to finish him...

Pettis vs Aldo will happen if Pettis stays looking like a "Jon Jones" reign at 155, and if Aldo beats McGregor and Frankie II

Weidman and Lawler won't happen because the WW title is going to be passed around like a bottle of whiskey.

If Cain stays healthy, then he'll have to fight Jones someday. That would be the biggest UFC fight ever.

Yes, I would rather live in serene mediocrity of the current UFC match-ups. Why even be excited in this life if it messes up the divisions, eh?

I was being kind to Weidman because Vitor is going to finish him...

You're just demanding legitimate contenders wait on the back burner while the UFC manufactures WWE-style drama. Sorry the WWE is lame these days, bro. Maybe check out Real Housewives.

You're just demanding legitimate contenders wait on the back burner while the UFC manufactures WWE-style drama. Sorry the WWE is lame these days, bro. Maybe check out Real Housewives.

I haven't seen a single episode of WWE in my whole life.

People remember the super fights of their lifetime. Do I care that Edgar has to wait a little longer? No. Do I want to see Lawler beat Hendricks or Ares again? No. This sport is all about the fans. Plus think of publicity such fights would generate. People would day: "hell, I remember 2016. Best year for fights ever. They don't do this s*** anymore" etc.

After current champs deal with their immediate challengers, can 2016 be the year of multi-division champs?

Aldo v Pettis

Lawler v Weidman

Jones v Cain

This is just a stupid idea, who would want to watch any of those fights, and what weight would they be at?

Do you know nothing about MMA?

Aldo v Pettis

Lawler v Weidman

Jones v Cain

Lawler was a low ranked 185lber. He struggled against scrubs. 170lb is definitely his division. Weidman would murder him.

This is just a stupid idea, who would want to watch any of those fights, and what weight would they be at?

Do you know nothing about MMA?

Who would want to watch any of those fights? Your mum for a starter.

I don't know. What weight Anderson v GSP was supposed to be at? The GSP that lost to Hendricks who lost to Lawler. Scratch that. Lawler v Vitor - who wants to see that? Who da F wants to see Diaz v Anderson. What idiot came up with that idea?

Who would wanna watch Pettis v Aldo? The most stupidest idea of them all.

Lawler has never fought at MW so I didn't think it through. I clearly know nothing about mma.

Back