Make GSP VS Khabib at 165.

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score
Title says it. I'm not sure if Dana wants to make a 165 division, but if he did, It would be perfect for this fight.
It doesn't stuff up a division if GSP wins and decides to vacate, It gives both Khabib and GSP a belt to fight for.
It allows GSP to fight for another belt, making him 3 division champ, and it allows Khabib to move up in weightclass.
Most importantly, GSP is too big for LW, so a 165 division is better weight-wise.
Thoughts?

EDIT::: Of course i want to see Tony VS Khabib fight first. I am saying in the context of that bout already happening and THEN this fight.

Last edited:
Would rather they don’t make it at all tbh

Would be all for it after he fights Ferguson.

GSP said he already proposed to make that fight at a catchweight and the UFC refused.

We'll see what they do next and if they change their mind on making that fight.

Tony first then maybe. Still I want to punish GSP and make him fight the killers at 185 first.

kpU7bVzyCI4.jpg
Khabib is doing 155 pounds. lolololol

Whats the point of Khabib and GSP fighting?

GSP is retired and way past his prime. I just don’t see the intriguing part of this match up

But of course, GSP won his last fight so people are pretending like this is a super fight between 2 P4P best

The only thing we should be talking about is Tony Khabib.

Na. GSP is padding his record fighting this way. He left his division with a number of very big questions unanswered. There are people still fighting now at WW that were fighting when he was and absolutely share the same generation of fighters he does. Woodley, Wonderboy, Colby, Lawler, Askren were the kind of fighters he was trained to meet, and, if he is going to fight in the UFC, and is concerned with his legacy.... these are the guys he needs to fight.

If he is going to pick and choose, he might as well do that in the division he once ruled. He goes at Khabib and doesn't defend it, he has ruined (MARK MY WORDS HE WILL) the most competitive division in the whole of MMA. He's a god... yes. But he is not really relevant when it comes to titles, and Khabib is. I just find it hard to see past him getting the belt and dropping it right back in McGregor's lap

Title says it. I'm not sure if Dana wants to make a 165 division, but if he did, It would be perfect for this fight.
It doesn't stuff up a division if GSP wins and decides to vacate, It gives both Khabib and GSP a belt to fight for.
It allows GSP to fight for another belt, making him 3 division champ, and it allows Khabib to move up in weightclass.
Most importantly, GSP is too big for LW, so a 165 division is better weight-wise.
Thoughts?
If Khabib overwhelms everyone with his wrestling, why wouldn't the best wrestler be the guy to beat him? What about Ben Askren when he wakes up.

If u call out GSP u have to fight him at 170 where he fought and was the GOAT. A 155 win over GSP doesn't even count, don't even bother.

<DisgustingHHH>

I can't believe anyone wants to see this boring blanket fest. Ignored.

If Khabib overwhelms everyone with his wrestling, why wouldn't the best wrestler be the guy to beat him? What about Ben Askren when he wakes up.
Absolutely. I love ben, but if your going for a title fight, Khabib VS GSP is the fight to make.

AND GUYS, OBVIOUSLY I WANT TO SEE KHABIB VS TONY FIRST.

Whats the point of Khabib and GSP fighting?

GSP is retired and way past his prime. I just don’t see the intriguing part of this match up

But of course, GSP won his last fight so people are pretending like this is a super fight between 2 P4P best

It's intriguing because GSP is the welterweight GOAT, as good a wrestler as Khabib and a much better striker. On paper he he hands Khabib his first loss.

It's intriguing because GSP is the welterweight GOAT, as good a wrestler as Khabib and a much better striker. On paper he he hands Khabib his first loss.

In his prime, yes. He is not any of that anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back