Maintaining a positive mindset when life is going well

Anxiety is a normal, yet uncomfortable, aspect of modern life.
How you acknowledge and manage it is vitally important because it can consume you.
Self talk and visualization are valuable tools to address the issue.

I got an 'Anxiety Workbook' a few months ago and it worked wonders in this regard.
I was 'catastrophizing' every thing, thinking the worst of every outcome and constant
worry about my family. It can be draining to worry so much.

I am going to get one of those workbooks, they sound immensely helpful! I know exactly what you mean about draining yourself with unnecessary worry.

Quit overthinking and enjoy what you have going on ya nerd.

I'm trying man! :D

Thank y'all for your kind words and advice!

I am going to get one of those workbooks, they sound immensely helpful! I know exactly what you mean about draining yourself with unnecessary worry.
160623918X.jpg

Here's the one I got.
Best of luck, m8.

Hello. I know the title seems a little silly, but I will get to the point. For the first time in my life, I am happy. I have a decent job that allows me to save money and have some financial freedom, I am making progress in Kickboxing, a cute coworker is interested in me. It's weird. I've struggled with anxiety for the duration of my short life, and I can't help but be afraid that this wave of fulfillment will pass and I will fall back into the cycle of overthinking my actions, convincing myself I am not compatible with other people, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is fulfillment a wave, or a stream? It doesn't feel like a state of being to me, it feels like I have fallen into a sort of rhythm that makes me feel good. People that make me feel good, and doing things for them genuinely makes me happy. When I write this down it sounds kinda dumb, idk. I feel like a lot of folks here are older than I am (I turn 23 next week) and would be able to offer a grounded perspective. Thank you for reading!
The key is to realize ups and downs are part of the normal cycle and are inevitable.
Enjoy the up while it lasts, and don't be too affected when it passes and things don't go as well as liked in future.

Hello. I know the title seems a little silly, but I will get to the point. For the first time in my life, I am happy. I have a decent job that allows me to save money and have some financial freedom, I am making progress in Kickboxing, a cute coworker is interested in me. It's weird. I've struggled with anxiety for the duration of my short life, and I can't help but be afraid that this wave of fulfillment will pass and I will fall back into the cycle of overthinking my actions, convincing myself I am not compatible with other people, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is fulfillment a wave, or a stream? It doesn't feel like a state of being to me, it feels like I have fallen into a sort of rhythm that makes me feel good. People that make me feel good, and doing things for them genuinely makes me happy. When I write this down it sounds kinda dumb, idk. I feel like a lot of folks here are older than I am (I turn 23 next week) and would be able to offer a grounded perspective. Thank you for reading!

Life is inevitably made of up and downs
You're living an up, then some low will happen, then up again and so on

Be positive through it all, because you can't do shit about it, and being positive is better in any way possible than being negative

It's an easy choice when you think about it, rare case in life where you have 2 directions and you can be 100% sure 1 is the correct one

Hard doubts are ones where there are pro and cons in both options, but this is'nt one

<WellThere>

cliffs: don't be an hollywood finocchio and charge life dick first

Last edited:
When life is going good its never good enough and when its going bad you think it will never get good again.

But in the end life goes on

-george jungs father

Life is inevitably made of up and downs
You're living an up, then some low will happen, then up again and so on

Be positive through it all, because you can't do shit about it, and being positive is better in any way possible than being negative

It's an easy choice when you think about it, rare case in life where you have 2 directions and you can be 100% sure 1 is the correct one

Hard doubts are ones where there are pro and cons in both options, but this is'nt one

<WellThere>

cliffs: don't be an hollywood finocchio and charge life dick first

Love the cliffs version, thank you man!

I foresee your doom germinating in that cute co-worker

Yeah, more than likely. At least I won't be single anymore, if things go well.

When life is going good its never good enough and when its going bad you think it will never get good again.

But in the end life goes on

-george jungs father

Never heard that quotation before, but I really like it! Thank you for that.

Once I started an SSRI it was like everything in life started falling in place. An entire lifetime of torment and struggle but I was hardheaded and avoided help.

Before I couldnt find anything positive in anything. Everything sucked, was pointless, exhausting, fuck you, fuck him, fuck living, etc. Just non stop negative thought loops. Now I'm able to handle any challenges with out emotionally folding, and actually smile and be in the moment during lifes gifts.

Dont think I answered the question but owell just wanted to share

Sounds similar to what I've gone through in life. My early 20's I struggled figuring out what I wanted to do and how to get there, felt down a lot. Then things became great once I figured it out but I always wondered if that feeling would come back. It has, due to injuries, losing a job etc. but I try to find a new way to plow past it. Just have to keep moving forward when you feel down, and exercise helps a lot.

You are still young and insecure/ unexperienced. You will allways fell doubt and live through up's and down's but you can focus your mind set on the more positive things.

Key is to do what you like, embrace failure as an important lesson and don't be afraid to try or blame yourself if you fail.

Good things are waiting out there, so open up and be happy that you are blessed, young healthy and in stable conditions. After some time your brain will adapt and you will feel way more free and confident on a way higher level than now.

Best of luck!

If you’re pretty and age well you might have the good ride.. If you’re average and have some bad luck thrown your way with work a couple times, unless you have a master trade you could drop really fast in status and material satisfaction. There’s a lot of luck involved.

One thing that I find helps a lot is to fart as hard as you can every time without exception.

Just stay busy. Work/gym/martial arts/shit around the house. Sooner or later life will throw an L your way and you'll feel like lounging on your ass, instead just get to work.

Just listen to this song, and do everything it says...

Back