main events for Maine and Oaklahoma cards?

MacPherson911

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
with UFC on Fox 12 squared away, that leaves the FN 47 (August 16 in Bangor Maine) and FN 49 (August 23 in Tulsa Oklahoma) as the next cards awaiting main events. Any guesses what they may end up being?

You don't actually think Tim Boetsch is gonna headline the Bangor card, do you?

The UFC usually does a good job of building cards based off the demographics of the host city. Maine is very white without a strong foreign born population or much in the way of ethnic diversity. I think the UFC will look to fill the Maine card with fighters from Quebec (Francis Carmont if he comes out of the Dolloway fight unscathed maybe?) and the tri-state area (although a lot of those guys will be on the New Jersey card earlier in the summer).

For the Oklahoma card, you can bet your ass the UFC is planning on Hendricks headlining if at all possible. He was supposed to be able to return to training this month which would line up well with an August fight date. Maybe against the winner of Woodley-Rory? If the winner of that fight can't turn around quick enough, and with Lombard-Dong and Brown-Lawler otherwise being tied up with late Summer matchups of their own, maybe Nick Diaz?

The UFC usually does a good job of building cards based off the demographics of the host city. Maine is very white without a strong foreign born population or much in the way of ethnic diversity. I think the UFC will look to fill the Maine card with fighters from Quebec (Francis Carmont if he comes out of the Dolloway fight unscathed maybe?) and the tri-state area (although a lot of those guys will be on the New Jersey card earlier in the summer).

For the Oklahoma card, you can bet your ass the UFC is planning on Hendricks headlining if at all possible. He was supposed to be able to return to training this month which would line up well with an August fight date. Maybe against the winner of Woodley-Rory? If the winner of that fight can't turn around quick enough, and with Lombard-Dong and Brown-Lawler otherwise being tied up with late Summer matchups of their own, maybe Nick Diaz?

Hendricks is not fighting on FS1.

LOL at the idea of Hendricks defending the title on a Fight Night card on FS1. That's the most ridiculously suggestion I've ever read here.

Here's to hoping that Brian Foster re-signs with the UFC for the Oklahoma card. His last fight was for Titan FC (which has a UFC out-clause).

LOL at the idea of Hendricks defending the title on a Fight Night card on FS1. That's the most ridiculously suggestion I've ever read here.

I didn't realize it was a FS1 card. I agree that Hendricks will not be on a second tier TV card

I really can't imagine Big Rig defending his belt on a Fox Sports 1 card.

Matt Woman fought with Tulsa top team. So my guess is he might actually come back for that card

Also DC might headline since he went to OSU.

Hendricks is not defending his title on a fox sports 1 card. The best bet would be Munoz or Cormier to headline the oklahoma card since they went to oklahoma state. No idea for the maine card.

Jared Rosholt and Mark Munoz were both OSU wrestlers as well and would make sense for a FS1 card (more so than DC), but both have fights in the next month, and both are likely gonna get knocked out.

Oklahoma Card
Cormier vs Bader/Feijao

Maine Card
Lauzon vs Grant

For the Oklahoma card there is Rosholt's, Munoz, DC, Jerrod Sanders he fought once in WSOF but has fought at a small show since then so I don't know if he's available, Jeremy Spoon... eh I am running out of Oklahoma guys.

Maine - Joe Lauzon vs. somebody in the main event, Tim Boetsch vs. Brad Tavares, co-main event.

Oklahoma - Tim Kennedy vs. Yoel Romero main event, Brandon Thatch vs. Stephen Thompson co-main.

We want to fill the card with relatable fighters. Since Maine is very white without a strong foreign born population, we'll start by putting a black Frenchman on the card.

wat

Back