Maia vs Sonnen(first round sub)

EVERYTHING about that sub is world class. Its scary how perfect it was.

there was a strange moment when Maia had top mount. It looked like he leaned down and said something to Sonnen. Got the tinfoil hat going in my brain.

"It will be over soon".

"It will be over soon".

watching it right now. Looks just as suspicious as I remember because it seems like Chael nods to him. It's one of the most suspicious fights I've watched in the UFC.

Wanderlei was in the corner that night too

Chael wasn't even good to shake his hand that night

watching it right now. Looks just as suspicious as I remember because it seems like Chael nods to him. It's one of the most suspicious fights I've watched in the UFC.

Yeah but remember triangles are Chael's kryptonite, hell, Stephen Hawking could triangle him:/

Yeah but remember triangles are Chael's kryptonite, hell, Stephen Hawking could triangle him:/

I'm not saying anything wonky actually happened. Just that it looked fixed. I've never been in that situation, Chael's I mean, so I have no idea how one should react.

I like Maia, but this seems like a bad matchup for him. Condit's footwork, length, and striking versatility will probably give Maia problems. And even if Maia drags Condit to the ground, Condit's grappling is no joke. I doubt Condit gets subbed, and he'll make Maia work for everything. I don't see Maia keeping up that pace for 5 rounds against Condit.

I like Maia, but this seems like a bad matchup for him. Condit's footwork, length, and striking versatility will probably give Maia problems. And even if Maia drags Condit to the ground, Condit's grappling is no joke. I doubt Condit gets subbed, and he'll make Maia work for everything. I don't see Maia keeping up that pace for 5 rounds against Condit.

5 rounds may become a problem, but Condit's TDD isn't exactly great and Maia has been successful taking down wrestlers and even if he doesn't get the sub, he is a very annoying and heavy backpack.

Bullshit! He ended Filho's undefeated, super dominant streak with that rematch! and Filho kept winning dominantly after that!
Filho probably started to suck starting 2010, but he was a beast's beast up untill then!

Something tells me you have not actually watch the fight...

I'm not saying anything wonky actually happened. Just that it looked fixed. I've never been in that situation, Chael's I mean, so I have no idea how one should react.

If it was Chris Leben that pulled that off, I'd think that...but Maia, nah, he can do that shit all day.

Back