Maia chances

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, does anybody feel Maia will have a chace against Shev? Odds are pretty insane. I dont know if Maia can submit Shev, or that she isn't good enough.

If Maia pulls it off it will be one of the biggest upsets in history. I mean, it's possible, and I DO think that it will be more competitive than most expect.

If Maia pulls it off it will be one of the biggest upsets in history. I mean, it's possible, and I DO think that it will be more competitive than most expect.
Yeah, I just cannot judge how good she really is on the ground. She seems legit, but she must take Shev down first. Can she?

I think she has a great chance of pulling off the upset with a submission. It's a great bet if you have extra money for it.

Maia can beat anyone careless and goes to the ground with him. Also sometimes that allows maia to get in shots that he wouldn't normally because he's not worried about takedown defense.

Here is slim -> |__________________________________________|
Here is none -> |_____________________________________|
Here are Maia's chances -> |

Odds are as they are for a reason. Shev wont be taken down and will piece up her leg, then her body, then head kick finish

IF it goes to the ground there is maybe a chance for Maia, I really don't see it going to the ground and even then i'm not sure.

Most of her fights go to a decision, and theres no way she beats Valentina by decision, if she couldn't beat Chook she'll have no chance against Bullet.

Wouldn't be surprised if Shev dominated and got the submission just to prove she's better at Maia's strongest area.

I think people overrate her submission game cause her last name is Maia. She seems decent on the ground, but actually prefers to stand and box from what I've seen of her. In fact she was a professional boxer before she fought MMA.

I really don't think Maia has any chance at all vs Valentina. Like no difference from when Valentina fought Jessica Eye or Chookagian. She's just in a completely different universe from these girls.

Not very good. The division is just way too weak. You look at Chookagain (who beat Maia) and she had nothing to offer. Her best asset was her grappling and she lost by Valentina easily taking her down and controlling her. If you consistently put people with a one fight win streak against the champ it makes you question why you have the division. Even the weaker men's division have someone stand out fighter who can string together wins for title shots.

about the same chance as EYE had.
.0000001% or less
brutality incoming

On paper, this is a clear favourite for Shevchenko, but...
43fbf4acabf3395a925789088ff6c3a0.png

are you kidding? Those are some crazy odds against Maia.

At +1000, I might just drop 20 bucks just to see if an upset could be pulled off, and Chute Boxe academy has brought up some fighters like Shogun and Spider Silva so maybe there's a chance of a huge upset?

How strong is Shevchenko's ground game btw?

inb4 same results as Penn vs Edgar upset

Maia can beat anyone careless and goes to the ground with him. Also sometimes that allows maia to get in shots that he wouldn't normally because he's not worried about takedown defense.
Do you really not know that it's not Damion we talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back