Mae Geri - Karate front kick

I might as well since there's no chance he does. :D

But if he does, the punishment will be harsh enough for ever doubting him. :p At least he's a polite guy, no trash talk (that I've seen) so not hard to root for.

Kaboom!

come on show us those lovely new shiny signature and avatar of yours! :)

Lol that's a brave bet to make. Your reputation is at stake. Can you imagine someone popping in to check your karate MMA fighters thread only to see MT > Karate & a pic of Darren Till in your AV?

They'd be horrified.

I know right? :D

I was wondering if you were going to make him stick to the bet after such a bullshit decision. . .

I guess you're one of those Wonderboy fans who believe he outstruck Darren Till by going backwards the whole fight and landing a few more strikes.

To be honest if DT hadn't knocked WB down in the last round I would not see any winner in that sparring match. But when pretty much nothing significant happens the whole fight (and I'm not saying I didn't find it entertaining by the way), that knockdown is what made the difference in my eyes.

Also before you tell me that Wonderboy outstriked Till with more landed strikes or whatever, I'd suggest looking at this:
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/cd117bfce747184f

So contrarily to you, I wouldn't call a fighter who's been going backwards almost the entire fight, many times back against the cage, and who not only landed less strikes but also got proper knocked down and nearly finished in the last round as the winner and the decision as "bullshit".

As Darren Till said himself the fight was very very close and the decision could have gone either way, there really isn't any robbery here.

I guess you're one of those Wonderboy fans who believe he outstruck Darren Till by going backwards the whole fight and landing a few more strikes.

To be honest if DT hadn't knocked WB down in the last round I would not see any winner in that sparring match. But when pretty much nothing significant happens the whole fight (and I'm not saying I didn't find it entertaining by the way), that knockdown is what made the difference in my eyes.

Also before you tell me that Wonderboy outstriked Till with more landed strikes or whatever, I'd suggest looking at this:
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/cd117bfce747184f

So contrarily to you, I wouldn't call a fighter who's been going backwards almost the entire fight, many times back against the cage, and who not only landed less strikes but also got proper knocked down and nearly finished in the last round as the winner and the decision as "bullshit".

As Darren Till said himself the fight was very very close and the decision could have gone either way, there really isn't any robbery here.

A few things here. . .

1. Fight Metric is just guys watching the fight and trying to figure out what strikes landed, which ones didn't, and which were "significant." There's even a conversation about this going on in the F2 as we speak:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fightmetric-stats-are-not-facts.3771069/

Furthermore, I'm not sure what the link was, but someone posted strike stats from another organization that had Thompson ahead. So how much are you really going to trust someone else to give you completely accurate statistics on something like this?

And lastly, it's important to remember that a lot of Till's "significant strikes" were leg kicks. Thompson, on the other hand, was regularly landing kicks to the body and blitz attacks to the body and face while Till just swung at the air.

2. Wonderboy may have been "going backwards" but I'm sure you know what a counter-fighter is. Wonderboy is one. That's his style. When guys move toward him he evades until he see an opening he likes and then he attacks. Don't go into noob mode and act like if you're not running forward swangin' and bangin' then you're not fighting.

3. Lastly, you say "I guess you're one of those Wonderboy fans who. . ." but c'mon bro, it's not just Wonderboy fans. The media scores are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of Wonderboy getting the decision. The Sherdog poll is a landslide for Wonderboy. Even the guys on the FS1 post-fight show were acting like it was a robbery. Anyone who gave the fight to Till is in the minority and by a pretty wide margin.

A few things here. . .

1. Fight Metric is just guys watching the fight and trying to figure out what strikes landed, which ones didn't, and which were "significant." There's even a conversation about this going on in the F2 as we speak:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fightmetric-stats-are-not-facts.3771069/

Furthermore, I'm not sure what the link was, but someone posted strike stats from another organization that had Thompson ahead. So how much are you really going to trust someone else to give you completely accurate statistics on something like this?

And lastly, it's important to remember that a lot of Till's "significant strikes" were leg kicks. Thompson, on the other hand, was regularly landing kicks to the body and blitz attacks to the body and face while Till just swung at the air.

2. Wonderboy may have been "going backwards" but I'm sure you know what a counter-fighter is. Wonderboy is one. That's his style. When guys move toward him he evades until he see an opening he likes and then he attacks. Don't go into noob mode and act like if you're not running forward swangin' and bangin' then you're not fighting.

3. Lastly, you say "I guess you're one of those Wonderboy fans who. . ." but c'mon bro, it's not just Wonderboy fans. The media scores are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of Wonderboy getting the decision. The Sherdog poll is a landslide for Wonderboy. Even the guys on the FS1 post-fight show were acting like it was a robbery. Anyone who gave the fight to Till is in the minority and by a pretty wide margin.

Who got knocked down and nearly finished in the fight? Who was backing up the entire fight instead of engaging?

You can argue all you want about your karate guy, he didn't win that fight. Close fight yes, but Wonderboy didn't come to fight and did nothing to win. The only significant thing that happened in that fight is Till knocking down and nearly finishing Wonderboy. Other than that it looked like a sparring match.

Also a bet is a bet, I don't care who thinks what of the outcome, the official result is Darren Till by unanimous decision. @Hotora86 called people out for a signature and avatar bet in the heavies because he was so confident WB would win, but now that the bet didn't go his way he's simply refusing to accept the consequences like a man. I find that really lame and cowardly. Shows the kind of man he is.

Until that knock down in the last round I knew I was gonna have to change my avatar and signature and just accepted it, then Till scored that knock down and I thought wow if this is a 10-8 round he might just edge the decision, which he did. But at no point I thought "oh well if he loses I'm just gonna ignore the bet like a pussy". And it's not like the odds were in my favour either.

Who got knocked down and nearly finished in the fight? Who was backing up the entire fight instead of engaging?

Let me tell you a true story.

I used to write for an MMA mag and during that time I talked to Keith Kizer. Here's what he told me once:

"Under the 10-point-must system, a three-round fight isn't really a three-round fight. It is three one-round fights."

I've never forgotten that because I thought it was an interesting way to look at it. His point of course is that each round is scored independently as if it is its own isolated bout.

So sure, Till got the best strike of the fight and it certainly won him round 5. But that strike has no bearing on how rounds 1-4 are scored.

As for "backing up the entire fight," I addressed that already. Thompson is a counter fight. And he spent a lot of time countering Till, who spent a lot of time punching the air.

You can argue all you want about your karate guy, he didn't win that fight.

You are certainly free to hold that opinion. I was just pointing out that it is the minority opinion by a pretty wide margin

But hey, I've been in the same position. I thought Lawler deserved the decision over Condit even though most people thought Condit won.

Also a bet is a bet, I don't care who thinks what of the outcome, the official result is Darren Till by unanimous decision. @Hotora86 called people out for a signature and avatar bet in the heavies because he was so confident WB would win, but now that the bet didn't go his way he's simply refusing to accept the consequences like a man. I find that really lame and cowardly. Shows the kind of man he is.

Is he not? I haven't been following what @Hotora86 is up to.

For the record, I think he should honor the bet because a deal's a deal. I just also think he (like Wonderboy) got screwed by the judges here.

Why are you saying stuff like that? I don't agree with the decision but I am a man of my word and I have changed both my avatar and my signature as agreed. Cut the crap, you're being very disrespectful right now, calling me "lame and cowardly". Why do you have to be like that? Not cool, bro.

Why are you saying stuff like that? I don't agree with the decision but I am a man of my word and I have changed both my avatar and my signature as agreed. Cut the crap, you're being very disrespectful right now, calling me "lame and cowardly". Why do you have to be like that? Not cool, bro.

You know why. The fight happened last night and you only just changed avatar and signature now after I posted several times about it, and it's not like you weren't online as you were liking posts and arguing the decision.

Fair play for changing it now, but don't deny you were trying to get out of it.

Anyway I had enough of talking about it now.

You know why. The fight happened last night and you only just changed avatar and signature now after I posted several times about it, and it's not like you weren't online as you were liking posts and arguing the decision.

Fair play for changing it now, but don't deny you were trying to get out of it.

Anyway I had enough of talking about it now.
In my very first response to you I asked you to pick a Till av for me. I argued about the BS decision while I waited. You never found one for me and started calling me a coward so I took the default png from Till's profile.

I wasn't happy with the decision and started arguing about it before I changed the av or sig, my bad I guess. But you only had to wait like 10 minutes before I did, no reason to start the name calling etc.

Anyway, I don't really want this to cause bad blood between us. You're a good poster and I like discussing stuff with you here. No reason to disrespect each other over a silly thing like a forum bet. We cool?

In my very first response to you I asked you to pick a Till av for me. I argued about the BS decision while I waited. You never found one for me and started calling me a coward so I took the default png from Till's profile.

I wasn't happy with the decision and started arguing about it before I changed the av or sig, my bad I guess. But you only had to wait like 10 minutes before I did, no reason to start the name calling etc.

Anyway, I don't really want this to cause bad blood between us. You're a good poster and I like discussing stuff with you here. No reason to disrespect each other over a silly thing like a forum bet. We cool?

Well if you put this picture below as your avatar and remove the belt status I guess we're cool :p

51c356ec87f6ea01e561c3579643b206

Well if you put this picture below as your avatar and remove the belt status I guess we're cool :p

51c356ec87f6ea01e561c3579643b206

*EDIT*

Or one of those:

usa_today_10856766.1527452505.jpg

usa_today_10359627.0.jpg
REALLY fucking hard to please, aren't you? :p

OK, done! Should have just posted that like I asked you to instead to going off on a rant.

I've done everything you wanted so I ain't no coward, you should take back those words.

Last edited:
REALLY fucking hard to please, aren't you? :p

OK, done! Should have just posted that like I asked you too instead to going off on a rant.

I've done everything you wanted so I ain't no coward, you should take back those words.

I didn't see that post, only the others about arguing the decision and no change of sig and av.

But yeah all good now :)

Back