Machida vs Rockhold

cobyd

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
HUGE fight. How you see it going down??

I think Machida can pull a KO, but I think Rockhold might surprise us.

Rockhold beats Machida into retirement

Machida via strikes. :cool:

Rockhold is a tough fight for anyone, especially with that size. However, Lyoto was a 205er and a small one at that, he knows how to offset Rockhold's size and strength.

1.5 rounds of Rockhold stalking, taking small clip damage from kicks along the way. somewhere late in the 2 or 3, Machida finds the hole he needs and finishes the job,

Rockhold via KTFO or submission.

I see this one going for Rockhold! I think he's the more well rounded fighter and can really use his length well.

Now this is a fight. WTF were they thinking wasting a Machida match-up with CB-frickin-Dollaway? For me at least, every single time I get to see Machida step in the ring is a treat (if we actually get to see a fight rather than a single liver kick TKO which is beautiful but I want to see 'Chida challenged). I thought CB was such a wasted opportunity.

Luke Rockhold is a great challenge for Machida. I think they'll bring out great things in each other. No way anybody gets subbed. It'll probably be a decision for Machida but it will almost certainly be an absolutely awesome fight.

it would be better if it's for #1 contender

It'll get way too technical and be a boring decision for either.

Rockhold wins a decision.

People picking Machida via TKO are delusional. He's not fighting fringe top 10 guys anymore, people.

They are both technical counter punchers in their last few fights. So there will be a lot of stalking around the ring. I think Rockhold gets his hands on Machida gets him down to the ground and submits him with something weird and athletic like his reverse triangle on Tim Boetsch.

But i'm super stoked for this fight. I enjoy both these fighters they are elite skilled fighters and will definitely watch this fight.

Rockhold wins a decision.

People picking Machida via TKO are delusional. He's not fighting fringe top 10 guys anymore, people.

mma-reaction-gifs-jose-aldo-no-expression.gif

giphy.gif

rockhold via somethin funky on the ground and being 10 x more handsome.

Back