Lyoto Machida vs. GSP

It's risky for GSP so will never happen.

Lol. Machida obviously wins, 2 weight classes apart ffs. Gsp wouldn't be able to take him down and prime lyoto's strikes would be too much for gsp. See moose vs rory
Not sure how would Machida deal with GSP's arsenal of jabs (staggering jab, level-change jab, safety jab or shortened right), especially from southpaw, when GSP is always in a position to step into dominant angle because of the lead hand. I'd say St-Pierre's variety overwhelms him. He punches just to get you to punch back and that messes up Lyoto's countering game big time. Then it comes to GSP's hallmark which are techniques which create openings for each other like jab-low-left high kick, jab-hook-left low or parrying jab and then high right in a follow up. Won't explain why I think GSP's takedown/top game is too much for Machida, it's another story itself, but I don't really see Machida having much sucess there. Mousasi understands passing and wrestling rides and spent many years developing an excellent jab. Rory couldn't keep up with his lead hand, got lazy fighting jabs a jabber and literary dangled his down by his chest. From the bottom he hasn't got any answers, I think that's not case here.

Depends on how Macheater looks. Versus Moose, he was juiced to the gills and greased up worse than Georges. Moose Machida was an absolute animal, would murk on GSP, but USADA took it's toll and would produce a probably very event fight.

GSP wins by any way he chooses, now shut the fuck up with these stupid posts.

Sexiest, most highly skilled fight in MMA history. 2-2 clear rounds a piece going into the fifth, GSP edges it by late round TD and opening a cut on Lyoto, goes for an armbar and almost has it but Lyoto pulls a trick reversal just as time winds down. Both men raise each others' hands and hug in clear hespect.

GSP isnt a finisher and he gets tagged a lot. Condit caught him, Sheilds was able to hit him eyepokes or not. Hendricks tagged him several times (with a 68 inch reach). Even in the Diaz fight diaz tagged him one time and that 1 punch was the most significant strike of the fight.

GSP koing bisping doesnt prove anything. Machida is light years more elusive than Mike and is not going to get blindsided by a left hook the way mike did. Machida is simply too big and too fast for GSP. We are talking about a guy who was able to control distance vs LHWs much bigger and lankier than GSP.

GSP will not win the distance battle vs prime Lyoto and bet money GSP will have to take a step forward eventually and when he does he gets countered and finished.

GSPs delusional fans need to be a little less so.

easy ud maybe tko for machida imo bad matchup for george

lol @ Lyoto being an average sized MW. What does that make him at LHW?

Lyoto is faster than Bisping. Has more power than Bisping. Has better reflexes than Bisping.

This would look worse than the beating BJ took from Nick Diaz.

xf7tvk.jpg

Machida makes GSP tap to strikes in the 1st hound.

What do you think @dawzz ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how would Machida deal with GSP's arsenal of jabs (staggering jab, level-change jab, safety jab or shortened right), especially from southpaw, when GSP is always in a position to step into dominant angle because of the lead hand. I'd say St-Pierre's variety overwhelms him. He punches just to get you to punch back and that messes up Lyoto's countering game big time. Then it comes to GSP's hallmark which are techniques which create openings for each other like jab-low-left high kick, jab-hook-left low or parrying jab and then high right in a follow up. Won't explain why I think GSP's takedown/top game is too much for Machida, it's another story itself, but I don't really see Machida having much sucess there. Mousasi understands passing and wrestling rides and spent many years developing an excellent jab. Rory couldn't keep up with his lead hand, got lazy fighting jabs a jabber and literary dangled his down by his chest. From the bottom he hasn't got any answers, I think that's not case here.
Good points. I think lyoto would power through gsp. Lyoto's grappling in his prime was very good. those trips and knees in the clinch were solid.Gsp would definitely feel those kicks too.

Lyoto, former LHW champ, would be good for GSP's legacy. Why not? Don't blink.

Good points. I think lyoto would power through gsp. Lyoto's grappling in his prime was very good. those trips and knees in the clinch were solid.Gsp would definitely feel those kicks too.

Lyoto's grappling would pale in comparison to GSP's.

Back