Lyoto Machida has some of the most beautiful strikes in MMA!

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
9105e5d3a79eaccc85fe2b404c50f036.gif

Only Pettis or maybe Anderson can compare.

The accuracy with which he throws while moving forward is always amazing.

The sequence that he knocked Rashad out with is still the greatest KO of all time imo

The sequence that he knocked Rashad out with is still the greatest KO of all time imo

Same here, and his celebration after and victory speech is one of the most inspiring and genuine I've ever seen.

Just watch the Thiago Silva fight. Just a beautiful display

Same here, and his celebration after and victory speech is one of the most inspiring and genuine I've ever seen.

I know the "it's impossible!" thing has been memed, but it really was incredible. I was a boxing fan for a long time and Lyoto is actually what piqued my interest in MMA, so for me it was surreal seeing him fight Sam Hoger and then being at 98 live and watching him bootygoon Rashawwwd

Lyoto vs Anderson was always a dream fight for me. I always knew it wouldn't happen but that's a fight I would have loved to see.

Lyoto has to be one of the best fighters alive today. He may or may not win the belt again (most likely not, but a win over Rockhold could get him another title shot) but Lyoto has been in the top 5 of 2 weight classes for so many years. Gotta hespect Lyoto

Lyoto vs Anderson was always a dream fight for me. I always knew it wouldn't happen but that's a fight I would have loved to see.

Lyoto has to be one of the best fighters alive today. He may or may not win the belt again (most likely not, but a win over Rockhold could get him another title shot) but Lyoto has been in the top 5 of 2 weight classes for so many years. Gotta hespect Lyoto

I think Lyoto beats him every day of the week tbh. Anderson has said Lyoto gets the better of him in sparring. Bigger, about as quick, stronger, sharper defensively.

I think Lyoto beats him every day of the week tbh. Anderson has said Lyoto gets the better of him in sparring. Bigger, about as quick, stronger, sharper defensively.

I dunno. Lyoto is great at countering, but his aggressiveness has always been a bit of a weakness for him. He's at his best when he's aggressive and can move in quickly and deliver strikes. Anderson plays the counter game as well but in a very different way, so it's hard to say how the styles would match up. Anderson also always gives more credit to everyone around him than he does to himself. Anderson in his prime against a prime Lyoto...I really can't call that fight. Anderson could matrix him and get caught like he did vs Weidman or he could find the opening and put him down with a sharp counter like he did to Griffin (though I absolutely do NOT mean to compare Lyoto to Forrest!). Either way, I'd love to see it.

Machida is the mah-fuckin' man.

[YT]QhEUIGt2fhE[/YT]

Back