Economy Lyin' Ted Cruz's recent op-ed: Your Woke Money is No Good Here

HOLA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is really something to behold. You may remember Lil' Marco Rubio's incredible recent op-ed regarding Amazon. Here's a snippet:

Lyin' Ted is taking this sort of balderdash even further. Look at this:

"Republicans usually shrug their shoulders, call these companies 'job creators,' and start to cut their taxes. Not this time...This time, we won’t look the other way on Coca-Cola’s $12 billion in back taxes owed. This time, when Major League Baseball lobbies to preserve its multibillion-dollar antitrust exception, we’ll say no thank you. This time, when Boeing asks for billions in corporate welfare, we’ll simply let the Export-Import Bank expire...We’ve allowed them to ship jobs overseas, attack gun rights, and destroy our energy companies...In my nine years in the Senate, I’ve received $2.6 million in contributions from corporate political-action committees...For too long, woke CEOs have been fair-weather friends to the Republican Party: They like us until the left’s digital pitchforks come out. Then they run away...To them I say: When the time comes that you need help with a tax break or a regulatory change, I hope the Democrats take your calls, because we may not. Starting today, we won’t take your money either."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/your-woke-money-is-no-good-here-11619649421

Lyin' Ted is stupid enough to say the quiet part out loud. He's admitting Republicans like him take money to overlook corruption which hurts America and Americans. But Ted's making a stand now! Ted won't be corrupt anymore, because companies went "woke" and that pisses Ted off!

Walter Shaub, the former director of the US Office of Government Ethics:

Corporate lobbies run America? Ted was just the dummy that said it out loud?

{<jordan}

Republicans Senators are hypocrites and corporate whores who only serve the interests of their own electoral prospects and the rich.

In other news, water is wet.

Democrats aren't much better but at least their general policy prescriptions help the average citizen somewhat.

Corporate America is in bed with the Democrat Party.

Get ready for Vaccine passports, Wokeness, and social credit scores.

Last edited:
Spoiler alert: they’ll keep cutting their taxes and shoveling corporate welfare at them because it’s literally the sole reason the GOP has for existing
Idk they might actually hate blacks and gays even more than they love worshipping corporations. Their constituents surely do.

Wait.

Who didn't already know? It is fucking published on a website called Open Secrets. This is not special information Ted is sharing.

You have to be pretty fucking stupid to think this is a revelation or news. Google donates to Democrats HUGE... as do most technology companies. Defense donates to both parties huge. etc... etc.. etc...

The only true policy the GOP has are disastrous tax cuts for the rich

They simply can’t govern outside of that. They don’t even attempt to pass anything that helps America

Yes, sure you're going to turn down money Ted. Sure you are.

Idk they might actually hate blacks and gays even more than they love worshipping corporations. Their constituents surely do.
White grievance is how they get their useful idiot rubes to vote against their own self-interest.

Senators like Cruz really only have one mission, which is making the ultra-rich even wealthier.

Corporate lobbies run America? Ted was just the dummy that said it out loud?

{<jordan}
Ted said that if corporations are too nice to blacks and gays he’ll be less likely to be bribed by them is all.

But it’s an empty threat really. He’s for sale he just wants to “virtue signal” to his base.

Wait.

Who didn't already know? It is fucking published on a website called Open Secrets. This is not special information Ted is sharing.

You have to be pretty fucking stupid to think this is a revelation or news. Google donates to Democrats HUGE... as do most technology companies. Defense donates to both parties huge. etc... etc.. etc...

I don't think him saying it really mattered, I agree.

It's the fact he's claiming they won't pick up the duffle bag full of cash when certain companies drop them at their feet that's hilarious.

White grievance is how they get their useful idiot rubes to vote against their own self-interest.

Senators like Cruz really only have one mission, which is making the ultra-rich even wealthier.
Lol see my last post on it

Ted said that if corporations are too nice to blacks and gays he’ll be less likely to be bribed by them is all.

But it’s an empty threat really. He’s for sale he just wants to “virtue signal” to his base.

No argument here, Cruz is as shifty as they come.

My laughter and post was more to highlight the "<Cage33>" nature of this informative thread.

And the GOP will complain about Ted being investigated for campaign finance laws in a couple of months.

No argument here, Cruz is as shifty as they come.

My laughter and post was more to highlight the "<Cage33>" nature of this informative thread.

Cruz is a slimy little lizard of a man

And the GOP will complain about Ted being investigated for campaign finance laws in a couple of months.

See. It's stupid posts like these that make people cringe.

... an investigation? For what? It's all public already.

See. It's stupid posts like these that make people cringe.

... an investigation? For what? It's all public already.

Ooo I don’t know, something like admitting publicly that you’re corrupt and that you take bribes.
That should trigger an investigation. But you right wingers will claim he’s being persecuted for his political views. You’re more predictable than the left these days.

So basically they paid almost $300K a year to keep their $12.6 billion, sounds like a good investment.

Back