LW and WW will always be the deepest divisions based on simple numbers.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Average height in NA. 5'9 average weight is 190. (Yes we are fat) an in shape man on average is going to be about 165lbs 5-9 guy.

When people talk about mighty mouse at 5'3 125lbs. That division is so shallow, probably more shallow than heavyweight at the moment.

That's why hardcores can't respect it. At least not yet, or EVER. Because the average man is not built that small.
Even guys like Cody and TJ are small guys below the average size of men. But at least 135 was around in the WEC days.

That's why IMO P4P GOAT will always be a LW or WW. If you want to debate the ridiculousness of that hypothetical scenario.

It's not talent though, it's just numbers.

Imagine if you divided people into IQ classes: 51-70, 71-90, 91-110, 111-130, 131-150 etc.

Obviously the 91-110 IQ division would be the deepest with the most numbers, but that doesn't mean it has the most talent, because every single one of them is dumber than the handful of people in the 131-150 IQ division, which is actually the most talented division.

HW and LHW are actually the best divisions in the UFC, because they contain fighters who are actually the best in the UFC and can actually beat everyone else in MMA.

And of course, the Flyweight division would be like the 51-70 IQ division, and there's nothing to boast about being the smartest guy with IQ of 70 or below, which is exactly what MM is.

Sherdoggers =/= the average man tho.

Imo BW right now is the deepest division in ufc. i mean just look at the top 7 BW
TJ,Cody,Cruz,Moraes,Assuncao,lineker, dodson

It's not talent though, it's just numbers.

Imagine if you divided people into IQ classes: 51-70, 71-90, 91-110, 111-130, 131-150 etc.

Obviously the 91-110 IQ division would be the deepest with the most numbers, but that doesn't mean it has the most talent, because every single one of them is dumber than the handful of people in the 131-150 IQ division, which is actually the most talented division.

HW and LHW are actually the best divisions in the UFC, because they contain fighters who are actually the best in the UFC and can actually beat everyone else in MMA.

And of course, the Flyweight division would be like the 51-70 IQ division, and there's nothing to boast about being the smartest guy with IQ of 70 or below, which is exactly what MM is.
I agree with this. But it's a bad analogy to equate IQ for example to athletes. If there are more of X people, it's a numbers game.

Men’s obsession with the size of other men will always confuse me

Average height in NA. 5'9 average weight is 190. (Yes we are fat) an in shape man on average is going to be about 165lbs 5-9 guy.

When people talk about mighty mouse at 5'3 125lbs. That division is so shallow, probably more shallow than heavyweight at the moment.

That's why hardcores can't respect it. At least not yet, or EVER. Because the average man is not built that small.
Even guys like Cody and TJ are small guys below the average size of men. But at least 135 was around in the WEC days.

That's why IMO P4P GOAT will always be a LW or WW. If you want to debate the ridiculousness of that hypothetical scenario.
Most hardcores respect 125 and 135. The ones who don't are idiots.

Conor got to jump the entire 155 div. He would not have HAD his belt if Dana/UFC didn't give him the opportunity.

BW right now is the deepest division not LW or WW
BW has a stacked top 5. But it's nowhere near as deep as LW is. LW has guys like Makhachev, Hooker, Taisumov, Gillespie, Teymur unranked. It's insane how deep LW is.

BW has a stacked top 5. But it's nowhere near as deep as LW is. LW has guys like Makhachev, Hooker, Taisumov, Gillespie, Teymur unranked. It's insane how deep LW is.
i think bw got better top 5 but LW is overall more stacked(outside of top 5 or top 7)

135 is stacked, might be my favorite division since it hosts guys like tj cody and cruz. plus moraes has really impressed me.

I think height and weight has nothing to do with talent.

Obviously, the talent pool is deeper between 145-170, for the reasons you stated. A LW is more likely to encounter skilled fighters, because you just have more fighters competing in that division.

I’d agree with you that a dominant LW champ would rank higher in terms of P4P than a dominant FLW champ, for reasons stated previously.

On the other hand, in Thailand, it would be the opposite. The deepest stadium divisions are between 110-130lbs.

So I agree and disagree with you. Division depth absolutely goes hand in hand with P4P rankings, but the depth of a division varies from continent to continent. In NA and Europe, humans are bigger. In SA and East Asia, humans are smaller.

Cody is 5‘8 which is still average according to your data. TJ is shorter though.

Anther aspect of the size issue is that athletes larger than the average are going to be more likely to be picked up by sports that pay better and don't have weight classes thus making for an even more shallow talent pool in the UFC

125 is disrespected because no one would miss it were it gone. You might say "what? No MM?" well MM would fight at 135 of course. He would add to the high level of talent at the top of the 135 class, and no one would ever miss 125.

Think of it this way: if they'd never created 125, would there be people demanding it ? Nope, not a soul.

Obviously that's common sense since there's way more competitors in those classes so the overall depth will always be higher but saying HW is deeper than FLW is just straight up retarded,but that's just my opinion.Also most "hardcores" respect and appreciate FLW,you're talking about your average Sherdogger.Go to a different mma site and people shit on FLW and females way less,almost rarely.

Back