luke thomas on Nate Diaz's popularity

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

He talks about the metrics involving the fight. basically Nate has been out for 3 years with very few media appearances and he's still the most popular fighter on this card.

So essentially he’s naming his new Bull???

4248970-bull.jpg

Very popular amongst casuals.

L0lSC5b.jpg

The fact that Nate limits the amount of media he'll do and that he's been so inactive in some ways actually adds to his popularity. Some people just want what they can't have. Since he generally prefers to smoke and chill and not fight, his "mystique" as a bad boy who doesn't give a F grows. I think he's smarter than some people realize (maybe not overall, but on this front) and plays it up. And again, a certain % of fight fans will eat it up.

The fact that Nate limits the amount of media he'll do and that he's been so inactive in some ways actually adds to his popularity. Some people just want what they can't have. Since he generally prefers to smoke and chill and not fight, his "mystique" as a bad boy who doesn't give a F grows. I think he's smarter than some people realize (maybe not overall, but on this front) and plays it up. And again, a certain % of fight fans will eat it up.
i disagree. i think nate is straight up retarded. made a bunch of bad choices and hasn't fought in 3 years. he's fighting because he needs a paycheck. tough as hell but nate is dumb as hell.

i disagree. i think nate is straight up retarded. made a bunch of bad choices and hasn't fought in 3 years. he's fighting because he needs a paycheck. tough as hell but nate is dumb as hell.

I think he's not the brightest guy in general, but with this specific thing I think he's seen how it works. I don't think he needs a paycheck. Reports say he's pretty stingy with his $, unlike Nick. He made a few million for the Conor rematch. Obviously it's just speculation.

Dude has one of the best wins in UFC history. He will always be popular just because of that one fight regardless of what transpired before or after.

Actually I don't like you Luke,
<JonesDXSuckIt>
So I'm not gonna respond to your thread

I can only speak for me and every mma fan I've personally met that was worth a damn in knowledge of the sport... in saying that when a Diaz brother fights I'm watching and I'm paying to watch it.

Problem for UFC is that Nate fans are generally too poor to purchase any UFC product not named Official UFC Hot Dog Brander

W7z70jWI_400x400.jpg

Nate moves the needle

-Dana

Back