Luke Thomas has a problem with Teruto Ishihara calling women...

Because....SJW

26h0qZSDtsfECpDFu.gif

Luke is like the worst type of "journalist" get off your fucking soap box and ivory tower and let us decide.

Who the fuck is Luke Thomas ? why are these threads coming up with this guy , I am so confused

That would imply there's something inherently wrong with being a female dog. I happen to like dogs.
There's nothing wrong with calling a dog a dog, or with dogs in general, or with loving dogs. But calling a human a dog is often intended to be an insult, and calling a woman a bitch has plenty of negative connotation.

I suppose that forms part of my response to @Sgt Smith 's statement about people who are offended making the decision for themselves how to respond to Teruto. While meaning and language is fluid and in future terming a woman a bitch may be common and completely inoffensive, in today's society it is reasonable to expect that at least some people will be offended by the use of that word. And since speaking that way isn't necessary, why not simply avoid it?

My attitude as a husband and father has an impact on my opinion as wrell. If someone referred to my wife as a bitch, or a lad dating my daughter referred to her as "his bitch" then I would be offended on their behalf and would most definitely confront such a person.

I'm hardly excited enough about Teruto using the word to do any more than squabble with people online about it, but I do think that it is not behaviour that should be encouraged.

I agree with Luke here, he should just be old school and call them whores.
I like "trollops" better.
I don't necessarily disagree with Sensitive Hand Luke here..but this is mostly a language thing on Teruto's part. Some American guy told him it's a cool thing to say and he doesn't realize how bad it sounds using it how he uses it. There's not really a way to say it in Japanese

I have no problem with calling Luke Thomas a bitch.

I never heard of Luke Thomas until after 201, I wish I never had.

Ishihara loves all the bitches.
Rousey hates all the Do Nothing Bitches.

Tell me what's worse!

There's nothing wrong with calling a dog a dog, or with dogs in general, or with loving dogs. But calling a human a dog is often intended to be an insult, and calling a woman a bitch has plenty of negative connotation.

I suppose that forms part of my response to @Sgt Smith 's statement about people who are offended making the decision for themselves how to respond to Teruto. While meaning and language is fluid and in future terming a woman a bitch may be common and completely inoffensive, in today's society it is reasonable to expect that at least some people will be offended by the use of that word. And since speaking that way isn't necessary, why not simply avoid it?

My attitude as a husband and father has an impact on my opinion as wrell. If someone referred to my wife as a bitch, or a lad dating my daughter referred to her as "his bitch" then I would be offended on their behalf and would most definitely confront such a person.

I'm hardly excited enough about Teruto using the word to do any more than squabble with people online about it, but I do think that it is not behaviour that should be encouraged.

Some random person referring to your wife as a bitch is a lot different than your daughter's boyfriend calling her his bitch. One is intended to be a pejorative, while the other is synonymous with 'babe' or 'woman' and intended as a term of endearment. But of course you have every right to be offended, as her father. I don't tip-toe around personal feelings and allow other people to decide what words I can and can't use. Merely speaking the truth is considered offensive to some people, which is their issue to deal with, not mine. I wouldn't personally use the term myself, but I don't care at all that Teruto does. If he's mistreating women physically, then I'd be concerned and we'd have something to talk about.

Some random person referring to your wife as a bitch is a lot different than your daughter's boyfriend calling her his bitch. One is intended to be a pejorative, while the other is synonymous with 'babe' or 'woman' and intended as a term of endearment. But of course you have every right to be offended, as her father. I don't tip-toe around personal feelings and allow other people to decide what words I can and can't use. Merely speaking the truth is considered offensive to some people, which is their issue to deal with, not mine. I wouldn't personally use the term myself, but I don't care at all that Teruto does. If he's mistreating women physically, then I'd be concerned and we'd have something to talk about.

Certainly not in my part of the world.

In the words of Ricky Gervais "just because you're offended doesn't mean you are right", and I am conscious of that. My point is that one should consider whether using the term is at all necessary (it isn't) and has reasonable likelihood to offend (it does). Why not simply be courteous and respectful? If he wishes to craft a gangster persona for himself then there are plenty of fighters he can have a crack at who may later get the chance to fight him, or who can answer Teruto for themselves.

I do agree with you about people being offended by truth being spoken - it's ridiculous. But that really isn't what's happening here or what I was referring to.

Ishihara loves all the bitches.
Rousey hates all the Do Nothing Bitches.

Tell me what's worse!

I didn't hear any false outrage from Luke over Rousey calling other women bitches, or am I wrong here?

Certainly not in my part of the world.

In the words of Ricky Gervais "just because you're offended doesn't mean you are right", and I am conscious of that. My point is that one should consider whether using the term is at all necessary (it isn't) and has reasonable likelihood to offend (it does). Why not simply be courteous and respectful? If he wishes to craft a gangster persona for himself then there are plenty of fighters he can have a crack at who may later get the chance to fight him, or who can answer Teruto for themselves.

I do agree with you about people being offended by truth being spoken - it's ridiculous. But that really isn't what's happening here or what I was referring to.

Hi Cod, I respect 100x more how you feel about this particular issue than, Luke Thomas. Because I can respect your views as a concerned husband and father, I have no respect to Luke, as I think he is completely disingenuous and hypocritical about his social outrage and commentary.

Cheers, mate.

Back