• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
DB had the Judas Bullet and that HammerTech suit plus Cage's criminal history/ "secret identity.
What weakened him was they didn't show how he came to be such a criminal powerhouse (obviously weapon sales related), or how his infrastructure worked. It made him seem very arbitrary and weakened him as a character. It also didn't help that Christopher Nolan choreographed the fistifcuffs. That being said, if you could not dwell on that, I thought the guy was great in the role.
I have 3 episodes left so maybe it'll help change my opinion of him, but agreed about why he feels so arbitrary.

I also thought they fucked up using the Judas bullet the way they did and how long it took Luke to recover. It basically just became a vehicle to give Luke something to do for his 2 episodes of recovery while other characters moved forward. I'm of the opinion that when every single person watching KNOWS he going to recover, why are we wasting so much time doing so? What he found on the doctor's laptop was really the only thing it accomplished

barbershop, when they kill pop he could have taken those two

My Rebuttal to this is that he was concerned about the boy if they shot at him and a bullet ricocheted and hit the boy, not a good day, also Cage at that point is still very reluctant to reveal himself, so probably worried about that, not the best execution but that's my guess as to what they were aiming for that scene.

My Rebuttal to this is that he was concerned about the boy if they shot at him and a bullet ricocheted and hit the boy, not a good day, also Cage at that point is still very reluctant to reveal himself, so probably worried about that, not the best execution but that's my guess as to what they were aiming for that scene.

barbershop, when they kill pop he could have taken those two

I agree with Heavy. This was Cage's Uncle Ben moment.

i guess you can say that but his previous fights suggest he could have taken them out easily.

Just finished the 6th episode and I like it. I like it more than Jessica Jones so far, but unless the raise the stakes and put some pressure on Luke the show will fall below JJ.

Anyway, why are all these Marvel Netflix black chicks so damn hot? The detective, the psychiatrist and the nurse are smokin'.

I have 3 episodes left so maybe it'll help change my opinion of him, but agreed about why he feels so arbitrary.

I also thought they fucked up using the Judas bullet the way they did and how long it took Luke to recover. It basically just became a vehicle to give Luke something to do for his 2 episodes of recovery while other characters moved forward. I'm of the opinion that when every single person watching KNOWS he going to recover, why are we wasting so much time doing so? What he found on the doctor's laptop was really the only thing it accomplished
Doc also got intel and genetic material from luke. At the end he was taking back up with his experiments on candyman

Agreed. The thing is Luke Cage is a tough character to make interesting for a long period of time. The combination of his powers, his environment, and his nemesis' don't make for a very compelling show/ stories. And these writers/directors must be under an incredible deadline. I'm sure if they had 6 more months to do JJ or LC they could have been DD level comic dramas. Even DD has some fat to trim, but its offset by Kingpin, Punisher, ninjas, and amazing action scenes. Wait until you see how hard it is to make the Black Panther movie compelling. BP is a much deeper character than LC, but his villains and environment don't make for the best stories. BP would have been much better for Netflix, imo, and has a history of working in Harlem as well.

Just finished the 6th episode and I like it. I like it more than Jessica Jones so far, but unless the raise the stakes and put some pressure on Luke the show will fall below JJ.

Anyway, why are all these Marvel Netflix black chicks so damn hot? The detective, the psychiatrist and the nurse are smokin'.

They outdid themselves with the talent. Misty Knight is just gorgeous.

"He just makes me feel so small and insignificant" it's almost like the writers ran out serious dialogue ideas after the first few eps and then just started smearing thick layers of shit instead. Diamondback's motiv for attacking Cage is ridicilous. "Couldn't just die in the womb?" Really? We taking inspiration from WWE now, I see.

started strong, ended weak. Also, rosario dawson: superhero fucker. Stupid. I hate that.

D'Onferio is perfectly cast and they do a great job with KP, but PM is one of the best movie/tv comic villains of all time, IMO. And considering how lame he is in the comics, I think he trumps KP, but I totally get it and love that character as well.

Purple Man was easily the most disturbing and creepiest villain in any Marvel show. Or movie, come to that. Partly due to the nature of his powers, of course. He could violate someone physically, mentally and emotionally.

I am really surprised at the number of opinions I really respect, including @Anung Un Rama who I respect above all others regarding all things Marvel, who thought so highly of this show.

This was a huge disappointment for me. Terrible dialogue, miserable performances, sparse, uninspired action sequences, a convoluted plot line, incredibly feeble villains, all stacked on a pile of unworthy cliches.

I totally get the flavor they were shooting for but they fell miles short of the mark, their writing staff really blew it. Considering the acting talent they had there is simply no excuse for how awkward the vast majority if the scenes were. Old school Harlem should have been a slam dunk.

It seems to have a pretty high rating on iMDB, the series is currently sitting at 8.7, and 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. Maybe it's just me. Maybe my expectations were too high.

If Anung liked it so much I feel almost compelled to watch it again, shedding my previous expectations, and enjoy it for what it is.

I am really surprised at the number of opinions I really respect, including @Anung Un Rama who I respect above all others regarding all things Marvel, who thought so highly of this show.

This was a huge disappointment for me. Terrible dialogue, miserable performances, sparse, uninspired action sequences, a convoluted plot line, incredibly feeble villains, all stacked on a pile of unworthy cliches.

I totally get the flavor they were shooting for but they fell miles short of the mark, their writing staff really blew it. Considering the acting talent they had there is simply no excuse for how awkward the vast majority if the scenes were. Old school Harlem should have been a slam dunk.

It seems to have a pretty high rating on iMDB, the series is currently sitting at 8.7, and 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. Maybe it's just me. Maybe my expectations were too high.

If Anung liked it so much I feel almost compelled to watch it again, shedding my previous expectations, and enjoy it for what it is.

I wouldn't recommend watching it a second time, hombre. If you didn't dig it I totally understand.

2 episodes in, really like it.

Love the whole Harlem theme.

I think they are just trying to squeeze as much money as they can from the whole superhero rights they have. Daredevil was a success so just copy/paste with some other superhero. Even this bad of a performance gets a huge score on imdb.

With all the bad stuff that is so obvious in Luke Cage I still want to watch it (even though I have to suspend belief to enjoy it) so there is something they are doing right.

Back