• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Luke Barnatt on Tor

Luke mentioned something about how European mma fighters are very good and Americans over look that and thats why tor is unassuming, he's just a Swedish guy to the other team.

-Gustaffson is on his way to the title and just defeated a widely followed fightere (Swedish just like tor)

-at least on these forums tons of people idolize Bas Rutten

-There is controversy but also was a huge following for fedor

-Everybody loves vovchanchyn

-There are tons of Cro cop followers here

What the hell is he talking about Americans don't like/appreciate Euro fighters?

How did you leave out Alistair Overeem. He is the epitome of a popular European fighter.

I think he just meant that much of America doesn't realise how big MMA is in Europe. But I'm not 100% sure, I'm not Luke. :)

Just your first example: Gustafsson.
I'm pretty sure he'd already have a title shot if he was american or brazilian.
Sonnen is next, Machida then. Come on, Gustafsson is way more interesting and legitimate to see against Jones than these guys.

Gus just got his first top 10 win in his last fight. Before that his only other ranked opponent choked him out in the first round

Sonnen fighting for the title is a fucking joke though, no one will argue that that isnt trolling or a damn fool

Gus just got his first top 10 win in his last fight. Before that his only other ranked opponent choked him out in the first round

Sonnen fighting for the title is a fucking joke though, no one will argue that that isnt trolling or a damn fool

Rule number one when trolling: When you're trolling, at least have your facts straight. Phil Davis wasn't a top ranked opponent.

Conclusion: Trolling failed.

I think he just meant that much of America doesn't realise how big MMA is in Europe. But I'm not 100% sure, I'm not Luke. :)

I think he was also saying that most Americans underestimate the level of fighting in Europe. I think that's true. Just because Tor lost, doesn't mean it's any less true.

Just your first example: Gustafsson.
I'm pretty sure he'd already have a title shot if he was american or brazilian.

Highly doubt that. For what, beating Hamill? Matyushenko? Thiago Silva? Shogun? Sure, the latter's an ex-champ, but coming in to the fight with Gustafsson he was 2-2 in his last 4 fights; not exactly number one contender any more.

Anyway, Gustafsson will get his shot, given that he beats Mousasi. Then he'll have his chance to show us that European MMA is underrated, assuming he's the posterboy for elite European MMA.

Back