Luis Gomez is a Comedian?

listen to that podcast more if it weren't for Gomez.

Have to agree with you.

I feel like a jerk taking a pot shot at some guy just trying to make a living in comedy, but its not my cup of tea. Bisping on the other hand is pretty funny and certainly entertaining. He has a lot of interesting stories and perspective considering the life he's lived. I have a hard time seeing what Gomez brings to the table in that type of podcast.

Overall I enjoy it when I listen but Gomez can be tough to listen through sometimes.

Maybe his stand up is better. I cant stand Joey Diaz standup, but his podcasts make me laugh more.

Have to agree with you.

I feel like a jerk taking a pot shot at some guy just trying to make a living in comedy, but its not my cup of tea. Bisping on the other hand is pretty funny and certainly entertaining. He has a lot of interesting stories and perspective considering the life he's lived. I have a hard time seeing what Gomez brings to the table in that type of podcast.

Overall I enjoy it when I listen but Gomez can be tough to listen through sometimes.
He's not for everyone but he is successful, on top of that he Co owns gas digital so he's not shine broke bitch trying to make it, the boy is doing well.
He's pretty funny when he relaxes and is just off the cuff, the legion of skanks can be hit and miss but when they are on form it's fucking hilarious.

I find Bisping funny and entertaining.

Luis just comes across as a real Douche and isn’t funny at all IMO.

I’m surprised they get on at all TBH

Genuinely find Brian Campbell of Morning Kombat/CBS 10x funnier. and he is a Journalist.

Eh a lot of comedians try to steal the old school Opie and Anthony brutal insults and run with it. It really falls flat unless you have a very dark sense of humor.

He's not for everyone but he is successful, on top of that he Co owns gas digital so he's not shine broke bitch trying to make it, the boy is doing well.
He's pretty funny when he relaxes and is just off the cuff, the legion of skanks can be hit and miss but when they are on form it's fucking hilarious.

I wasn't familiar with "Gas Digital" so I took a look, and have no idea who any of these people or podcasts are.

I'm sure the Oakerson one is popular, I've seen him live many times as my neighborhood comedy club in NYC (The Stand in Union Square) was Jay's home club, at least in the year prior to covid. Perfectly competent but definitely not in the top 5-10 comedians I've seen at that club.

Good for Gomez, I'm sure he's doing well, podcast as a business is through the roof. When it comes to his show with Bisping, I don't really think he adds much and occasionally derails Michael. On the flip-side, I've been pretty blown away at how entertaining Bisping is. Really would not have guessed that.

Cheers.

Dave Smith's voice
"Some asshole on sherdog is making fun of me? I'm going to find where he lives and beat his brains in and then rape his mother. I don't care doggy."

Is he calling himself a comedian? I have no idea what the heck he is but to me he seems to try and come across as a tough guy which leads me to this terrible trend I have noticed lately. What is the deal with comedians also wanting to be tough guys and tough guys wanting to be funny? The two mix like oil and water. Rogan is a prime example of this and he fails terribly at the comedian part. Schuab is beyond abysmal. Callen started trying to become a tough guy. Luis Gomez is another one of these delusional people. I wouldn't be suprised if Tony Henchcliff thinks he's a bit physically intimidating.
Imagine if someone like Bobby Lee tried to pull this shit? He knows his place so you'll never see this absurdity coming from him. These mofos are about as funny as bone cancer in children.

Yes he is a comedian. Surprisingly comedy is subjective. Who would have thought?

He at least seems to know what he's talking about regarding MMA but when he tries to be funny it's awkward. It's like he doesn't realize there's a set up for things if you're going to say something. You can't tell someone their moms dead and that's it and expect to be funny.
Thats the shtick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back