Love him or Hate him, Dana Is the GOAT of fight Promotion

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People may not realize It yet , but MMA will suffer a great loss when Dana leaves. Doesn't necessarily mean that the criticism / dislike towards him Isn't valid In It's own way.. but when he leaves, he will be greatly missed.

Same Is true for Rogan

This, the last 3 big pushes from Dana were McG, Ronda and Punk.

Let me know how they went.
lol@the idea of a big push for CM Punk. That was a short-term gimmick freakshow.

lol@the idea of a big push for CM Punk. That was a short-term gimmick freakshow.
He was on the main card with a record of 0-1, any push for him should be considered too much.

People may not realize It yet , but MMA will suffer a great loss when Dana leaves. Doesn't necessarily mean that the criticism / dislike towards him Isn't valid In It's own way.. but when he leaves, he will be greatly missed.

Same Is true for Rogan

giphy (4).gif

Same Is true for Rogan

You forgot to say, “in your opinion “.
How can you be a great promoter when you don’t promote? And Rogan is just a pothead going through the motions, actually Dana is also just going through the motions. He’s had one foot out the door since the WME robbery.

You forgot to say, “in your opinion “.
How can you be a great promoter when you don’t promote? And Rogan is just a pothead going through the motions, actually Dana is also just going through the motions. He’s had one foot out the door since the WME robbery.
you're an idiot

UFC is dying... in its current form, it isn't going to last, it can't with 150k PPV buys, or whatever the hell number you choose to believe they got for a card like 225. It's got no marketable people. I've been a fan since I rented the VHS tapes of the old tournaments. Ice Man, Randy, hell Tank even are better known that pretty much anyone fighting for the UFC nowadays.

They compete with themselves by having those free fights on Fox. Who the hell paid for Nunes vs Pennington when Wonderboy vs Till is free? To me, the UFC is simply the company, kinda like Lyft or Uber... with the fighters being what drives the company. But who the hell is the UFC marketing to sell their PPV fights to people? If they were smart they'd throw a boat load of cash at Conor to come back and fight and build off that... But they need clauses in the contracts these guys sign that say they can't fucking wear sun glasses indoors, can't kick metal pipes, need to make weight or else they lose a spot in the rankings even if they win... with an asterik by the win.

I'm a big fan of fighting, but if I'm just a kasual, what the hell am I a fan of? Hell I saw before 225 they made a few of Whittaker's fights free on youtube... and people posted how they didn't know which fight to watch of his that showed who he was fighting with this time. You can't sell somebody something that they don't know they want.

Same Is true for Rogan
It's easy to do well with fight promotion when you have control of the titles and matchmaking.

The sport sold itself after TUF, purchasing the talent from other organizations kept the UFC afloat, and when those fighters began falling out of their primes the UFC had to resort to tapping into an untouched demographic (women) and sacrificing the integrity of their organization by carving out an easy path to the title for McGregor. The UFC is now suffering the long-term consequences of their short-term foresight.

Same Is true for Rogan
Current top promotor is Eddie Hearn
Atg fight promotor is Bob Arum

WME is really messing up a great company atm ,hoping their long term vision is a benifit to the fans

Same Is true for Rogan
I agree. Don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Back