Social Louis CK says immigration is destructive, and that's a good thing...

Tatra

CheckTheRecoil
@Brown
Reaction score

"yes, there should be [all these problems], it shouldn't be so great here, is what I'm saying, in America. It shouldn't be... it's a weird thing to sequester a certain group of people and try to keep upping their lifespan and their lifestyle... and just keep trying to increase that for this group of people"

Well, what an interesting take. He's saying that the 'racists' were right all along and that immigration is destructive. But he thinks that's a good thing, for reasons never stated. I suppose we'll just have to speculate.

What an absolutely moronic thing for him to say. I get he's a comedian and almost certainly not being serious but its not even funny.
I think this is thought provoking, "... it's a weird thing to sequester a certain group of people and try to keep upping their lifespan and their lifestyle... and just keep trying to increase that for this group of people""

Obviously most Americans aren't going to empathize with this position, and he's was pretty stupid at articulating this point.

But the distribution of wealth and resources is also just as obviously unfair and everyone that's not American has legitimate grievance.

The rate of America's consumption of the earth's finite resources, careless waste of those resources and corruption of the environment is going to be looked on pretty poorly by future generations I'm sure.

Ideally we would work to develop a society that wastes little and provides a good standard of living for all humans, not just the ones that were lucky enough to be born in North America.

What an absolutely moronic thing for him to say. I get he's a comedian and almost certainly not being serious but its not even funny.

Do you think there aren't leftists who think this way? I posted this because there are many who do. Whether he truly believes it or not is anyone's guess. I'd say he was just riffing and it sounded good in the moment, and if he listened to it back he'd probably say 'what the fuck was I babbling on about?'. But like you said, it wasn't funny. So who knows...

I'd have no problem with him saying this IF he didn't live in a million-dollar high-rise in NYC with 24/7 security.

He can't be serious.

Yeah, that was peak limousine liberal logic. I'm not even sure what his point is...if we flood the US with Latin American illegals that some how the US foreign policy in the mid east and demand for REE's will stop?

I'd have no problem with him saying this IF he didn't live in a multi-million dollar high-rise in NYC with 24/7 security.

He can't be serious.

Whether he's poor or wealthy, it's a monumentally retarded thing to say.

Whether he's poor or wealthy, it's a monumentally retarded thing to say.

Even more retarded to say when you would never, ever even get near the folk that you want to let in. That is someone else's problem, I am just a good person!

There is nothing wrong in what he said. You can't have a small portion of the world wall themselves off from the rest of the world while destroying everyone else for their resources so they improve their lives. He is speaking from a human perspective rather than an American perspective. I live in one of the easy countries too but it isn't wrong to say that we benefit from the destruction of other humans.

He wants open borders so humans can grow together rather than a small portion of the world benefiting from all of the Earth.

There's a lot of truth in what he said, a lot of our luxury comes at a great cost to others. We laugh about kids in foreign sweat shops stitching Nikes, and we keep buying them. Luxury is expensive, and someone is paying.

This isn't just an immigration issue, my biggest personal hypocrisy is Amazon. They provide excellent prices by completely fucking their business partners and deliver cheaply at lightning speeds by paying their workers nothing... And I do most of my shopping with them because I can't resist the convenience.

We have it pretty good in the western world (much better here in Canada than in America) but there's a lot of suffering just out of sight. It's probably been this way since the dawn of civilization but we should probably think about it at least occasionally.

Back