Lots of Brown hate but nobody is talking about how Silva should GTFO

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Brown is the entertainment GOAT as of right this second and whether or not he will ever get a title shot (I don't think he will) a bunch of people with little knowledge can't help but point out he did wrong in his lopsided victory over the perpetually hyped Erik Silva.

Lets face facts. Brown got taken down, and took some hard body shots but after the first 2:30 seconds of the fight the whole thing was a massacre and it was at Erik Silvas expense.

Silva gassed instantly, wobbled around the ring, fell so deep into Browns gameplan (which happens to be Browns only game plan) it was embarrassing, and was just controlled like a puppet. This guy is ranked. This guy is hyped? This guy is anything but painful to watch? Either he is smacking around people who are not roster worthy in Brazil so they have someone to cheer for or he is getting tooled by upper-middle tier fighters and it's not like he is some spring chicken the kids like 31 it could be argued he is just about done evolving. You are going to get what you see from now on so can we at the very least stop pretending he is a prospect?

I don't get how people use the age argument to say that Silva is too old to be considered a young prospect at 29, yet everyone calls someone like Thatch a prospect and he is 28.

So you say he is done evolving, and he has no hope as a prospect.

I wouldn't go that far. Guys improve and if he fixes his cardio that will be a major hole in his game fixed. He has tools like heart and athleticism that cannot be taught.

You shouldn't count fighters out over a loss, even a dominant one. Guys do improve and make strides and comebacks in their careers. You know, like that guy that lost 4 out of 5 mostly all by finish, and people thought he should be cut but he came back to win 7 straight.

People are hating on Matt Brown after this win streak? Can't please everybody, let's bring back Jon Fish for those people.

I wouldn't go that far. Guys improve and if he fixes his cardio that will be a major hole in his game fixed. He has tools like heart and athleticism that cannot be taught.

You shouldn't count fighters out over a loss, even a dominant one. Guys do improve and make strides and comebacks in their careers. You know, like that guy that lost 4 out of 5 mostly all by finish, and people thought he should be cut but he came back to win 7 straight.

Exceptions are equaling the rule now I see. Most fighters stay stagnant in their careers if someones been at the exact same level for the past 3 years the chances of them staying there is better than the chances of them making a title run.

Silva's success has come from his explosiveness which is a result of his fast twitch white fibre muscle. If he were to fix his cardio, he would have to developed his slow twitch red fibre muscle. This would be at the expense of his supposed strength. He therefore should likely GTFO to save his brain cells and physical appearance from anymore damage.

lol all 4 of those losses were by submission.

The career comebacks that Robbie Lawler and Matt Brown have had just proves you can't count anybody out. Erick Silva can still improve and fight for the title one day.

I don't get how people use the age argument to say that Silva is too old to be considered a young prospect at 29, yet everyone calls someone like Thatch a prospect and he is 28.

Silva has been in the UFC for 3 years, and has pretty much gone win - loss- win - loss, the entire time.

Thatch lost once early in his career, and only has like 12 fights under his belt.

A prospect is a guy who is yet to show you what he can do, and who he can compete with, IMO Silva has already shown where he is, and doesn't seem like he'll be a top 5 guy.

Erick Silva should get the boot! He did awful against Brown, lowest fight IQ I can think of off the top of my head.

Exceptions are equaling the rule now I see. Most fighters stay stagnant in their careers if someones been at the exact same level for the past 3 years the chances of them staying there is better than the chances of them making a title run.

I didn't say it was the rule I clearly said don't count anyone out. At what point did I say he would make a title run?

I'm just saying it's not like he has no heart or an awful chin or he's not athletic. What are his weaknesses? Cardio? Some gameplanning? Those could literally be largely fixed in one single camp.

It's not just Brown who improves. Look at Mark Hunt, Nate Diaz, and Robbie Lawler, just to name a few.

The career comebacks that Robbie Lawler and Matt Brown have had just proves you can't count anybody out. Erick Silva can still improve and fight for the title one day.
overeem also. He went from being okay to a scary beast. Even with his 2 recent loss.

No one should criticize Brown, he fought a great fight and took care of business. All the criticism should fall on Silva. The guy is skilled fighter, a great athlete and had so much potential

That's all I'm saying. I'm not predicting future champion or anything I'm just saying learn to not count people out. Especially when his weaknesses are largely fixable.

Silva has been in the UFC for 3 years, and has pretty much gone win - loss- win - loss, the entire time.

Thatch lost once early in his career, and only has like 12 fights under his belt.

A prospect is a guy who is yet to show you what he can do, and who he can compete with, IMO Silva has already shown where he is, and doesn't seem like he'll be a top 5 guy.

I have to agree

E. Silva needs to be cut, they hype the guy up cause they think he is handsome and can become a star, yet he keeps getting smashed. He has proven to not be what they hoped he would be, time to cut him.

edit: just noticed that since he has entered the UFC he can't manage to win more than 1 fight at a time. He is 4 wins 4 losses and every fight is win, lose, win, lose, win, lose, win, lose

Eric Silva has no business fighting anyone being considered as WW title contender.

Silva's success has come from his explosiveness which is a result of his fast twitch white fibre muscle. If he were to fix his cardio, he would have to developed his slow twitch red fibre muscle. This would be at the expense of his supposed strength. He therefore should likely GTFO to save his brain cells and physical appearance from anymore damage.

That's not true. The problem is most people assume fighters have the best coaches ever and that they would never be led by someone incompetent but it happens all the time.

With strategizing, he could improve his aerobic reserve without negatively affecting his aneorobic reserve. There is such a thing as having explosive fast twitch muscle fibers and good cardio.

He is probably one of those fighters who is either overtrained and therefore constantly suffers from Neuro-fatigue or he's doing some form of training that isn't doing him any favors for his specific sport like crossfit or something.

Back