Lost some respect for Khamzat - punching at glove touch

With Khamzat it is clear he is amazing as the hammer. Looking forward to when he faces some adversity to see how he deals with it.

When your a Hammer everything looks like Nails!

6190.gif

I dunno. That looked more like sheer aggression rather than trying to take advantage of the other fighter's positive gesture

Khamzat may have attacked immediately after he touched gloves, but he did touch gloves

That's different than Erick Silva's totally unethical fake glove touch with the shit-eating grin, trying to sucker his opponent into a left hook

You can't be serious, that was a complete sucker punch he touched gloves to set it up. It's not against the rules but completely unethical, it would be less unethical if he didn't do the glove touch to disguise his intentions.

It looked a little cheap, but really he was just walking forward and mauling, no backing up after touch. He still did the touch, just kept moving forward. Maybe a little unsportsmanlike not giving time afterwards, but dude is a savage, don't expect him to pretend to be friends in there.

Either I'm blind or it wasn't particularly bad because I watched the entire vid and I couldn't see any dodgy glove touch. Could someone please timestamp?

Edit: rewatched and it was the first fight. Yeah I guess it was kind of crappy. Seen a lot worse though.

Ive always found the constant glove touching a bit strange. Like is it really necessary at the start of each round? Not to mention the random glove touches/hugs during rounds. One touch after the instructions is enough. That said, kind of a dick move on khamzats part. Oh well.

This. I'd be annoyed if the other fighter insisted on a glove touch at the start of every round. It's a form of control. And guys who I'm a huge fan of like Stipe do it.

Back