Losing weight for tourney...HELP

Loaf10

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ok, let me break down my situation.

LAst minute decision, going to first bjj tourney. weight class i want to fight in, 186-200, i don't want the 201-230. right now, its 9 pm, got home from the gym and stepped on my scale, 203. i work all day tomorrow, then i have a family get together in the evening. not alot of room for training. friday i leave for the tourney and its a 7 hour drive. then weigh-ins are around 6 pm, fight saturday. so my questions are......

should i try and run tomorrow after work and before the family thing??
what should i eat and what should i avoid??
during the 7 hour trip, what should i eat??? should i just drink?? i need some advice

Thanks guys

SWEAT. Try to get all the water out of your system. 2 lbs isn't much to lose, I wouldn't worry much.

b0b said:
SWEAT. Try to get all the water out of your system. 2 lbs isn't much to lose, I wouldn't worry much.

Agreed....pay for a gym entrance fee...a gym that has a sauna........spit into a cup...piss...take a dump.......get a haircut......dude...I weighed in wearing just my undies...I didn't care...I made the "under 140" weight class at one point. The ladies loved it :icon_chee

You don't have much weight to cut...don't worry too much. You can easily sweat out a few pounds before weigh ins.

UPDATE....

Just woke up, and i weighed 200 on my home scale.

lol, I was going to say, 3 pounds for a guy that weighs 200 it is literally nothing. I lost 9.5 pounds for my last tournament just by not eating dinner or breakfast.

I was going to say not to even worry about cutting weight especially since it is your first tournament, but three pounds isn't shit. I take dumps twice that size.

Back