Losing 20lbs before Christmas

Smigg

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently weighing 236lbs and I want to lose about 20lbs before Christmas. I've decided to switch from white rice and pasta to wholewheat and cut out bread and free myself of junk food.

I was wondering if this would work to lose the weight.

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (with skimmed milk)
1 apple

Lunch
Brown Rice
Chicken Breast
A few lettuce leaves
Tablespoon of light soy sauce
Fruit (Apple or Orange)

Dinner
Can of tuna
I tablespoon of Hellman's Extra Light Mayonaisse
Lettuce

or

Chicken
2 Eggs

or

Chicken or ham
1 baked potato
Sweetcorn
Peas

Snacks:
Bunch of Grapes (if available)
Yoghurt
Apples
Oranges

I'd also exercise using weight and the bike in my room as well as doing 50 stomach crunches as soon as I wake up. It'll be a while before I can go running because my friend injured my with a stupid unnecessary tackle in football (soccer) training a few weeks back.

Kraft makes a great tasting Fat Free mayo, that would cut out some extra grams of fat for you.

Might wanna try the Cabbage Soup diet..Takes weight off really fast..Can do it for 2 weeks..Gotta have some discipline to stick to it though. I lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks and had ALOT of energy

I tried the cabbage soup diet, It made me quite sick, partly because I hate Cabbage (Not the fighter, he's cool)

Smigg said:
I tried the cabbage soup diet, It made me quite sick, partly because I hate Cabbage (Not the fighter, he's cool)

Yea..Im not a big fan of the soup either but man, it worked wonders.

Cool.

In fact, I'll use this thread to run updates weekly.

So,

Current weight = 236lbs

Do 45 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week on your bike, and it will come off.

Yeah, I just tried out 20 mins to check on my knee and it felt great, so I'll be doing that, I was worried that going on it would do my knee in even more, but I'm feeling good with it.

Would I have to do 45 mins all in one go, or could I do it with intervals of resistance work?

Christmas is a long way away so don't go overbaord too fast or you will burn yourself out. Start small by cutting out say soda as an example then the following week cut out burgers etc (you get the idea) and continue to increase your workload each week. By the last month you should be eating clean and exercising more than you do now and the weight will be just about gone.

One more big thing to remeber is portion control. Eat small portions each meal and try to eat BEFORE you get hungry. If you aren't "starving" you'll end up eating less.

Good luck

Do all the cardio machines at your gym. Just get your ass moving. If you combine that with your diet the weight will come off quick. If you are disciplined I guarantee it will come off.
I've always heard that doing a long moderately intense cardio workout is better than doing a short high intensity cardio workout when it comes to fat burning.

OK, first update

Start weight: 236lbs
Current weight: 229lbs

It's coming off steadily

Keep increasing your cardio and slowly cutting back on what you are eating. Pay attetniton to what your body is telling you to be sure you aren't cutting too many calories out of your diet. If you don't eat enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and your body will hold on to everything that you put into it. You might want to throw a cheat day in there every 10 days or so to rev up your metabolism. Keep me/us posted on how you do. good luck.

I'm having to pretty much stop cardio for a while as my knee has become really bad, so I'm just gonna work round it

After workouts, eat a high amount of prot. to build on your muscle........the more muscle, the more fat you burn.

hey I like this story.........keep it up my man!!! I lost nealy 20lbs training and eating right and I didnt even consider myslef fat before. keep us posted dont let the bad days get you you. and good luck with the knee, but dont let it be an excuse!!

best of luck!!!

CANADIANFIGHTCLUB said:
hey I like this story.........keep it up my man!!! I lost nealy 20lbs training and eating right and I didnt even consider myslef fat before. keep us posted dont let the bad days get you you. and good luck with the knee, but dont let it be an excuse!!

best of luck!!!

Cheers pal, I've never been one to use an injury as an excuse, I used to be about 300lbs, then I dropped to about 220lbs, now I'm still around 229lbs, so I still have about 13lbs to go. I have plenty of time to do it, so I'm not too worried right now.

I'll keep you posted

OK, time for the "Honest Update", sorry it took so long, the scales busted (I didn't think I was that fat ;) )

My exact weight this morning was 230.1 lbs. So I'm gonna have to tweak it slightly, I made a few slip ups (Eating too late at night, One cheat day too many etc.), I'm not gonna deny that and I'm not gonna make excuses. I'm just gonna have to work harder now.

Back