"Lord & Savior"

For some reason i imagine TS looking like this minus the $$ and expensive hookers.

this+is+a+prime+example+of+a+neckbeard+_d6c1fd3ebf34b32b4cda379d43292d37.jpg

This. This is what I was going to say. You have to listen and be discerning. He just sounded grateful overall. I'm not religious, but I understand that that's how he looks at things. I certainly understand the feeling of being grateful.

It is a shame that all three of you want to bash/make fun of someone for something he didn't even say.
Sometimes guys specifically credit God for the win. Wonderboy didn't do that.
He thanked Jesus. Period. Fighters even do that after losses. Christians sometimes do that when they wake up and when they go to bed. It is often not for any specific thing but because they feel generally blessed by Him. In fact when Wonderboy said that, that was precisely how I took it. I think it was him expressing general appreciation for Jesus and letting the world know what is important to him.

With a performance like that he can thank Captain Krunch and Kermit the Frog for all I care.

It is a shame that all three of you want to bash/make fun of someone for something he didn't even say.
Sometimes guys specifically credit God for the win. Wonderboy didn't do that.
He thanked Jesus. Period. Fighters even do that after losses. Christians sometimes do that when they wake up and when they go to bed. It is often not for any specific thing but because they feel generally blessed by Him. In fact when Wonderboy said that, that was precisely how I took it. I think it was him expressing general appreciation for Jesus and letting the world know what is important to him.

If a man thanked his wife for being there for him, supporting him day to day, I suppose you would get mad because you would claim he was insinuating his wife went in there and knocked the guy out? No, of course not. You probably just got mad because you know Wonderboy makes you look like less of a man since he does not place himself as the center of his own universe.
I was born and raised into a very religious upbringing, so I know all to well what praying is guy. Plus my wife and my two daughters are the most important thing to me. But you wouldn't know that because you don't know me. Wonderboy can thank whoever he wants as he did, just as I can post what I posted. In which you notice I did not say anything negative about him thanking God. People can choose to believe whatever they want. Me I choose not to believe, but that's my business isn't it.

I was born and raised into a very religious upbringing, so I know all to well what praying is guy. Plus my wife and my two daughters are the most important thing to me. But you wouldn't know that because you don't know me. Wonderboy can thank whoever he wants as he did, just as I can post what I posted. In which you notice I did not say anything negative about him thanking God. People can choose to believe whatever they want. Me I choose not to believe, but that's my business isn't it.

By all means, it is your business. I never criticized you for not believing. I criticized you for attempting to put words in his mouth. You may not have outright said that he claimed God helped him knock Hendricks out, but by saying "the power of Christ compelled me to knock him out", you certainly suggested it.

People still complain about people complaining about this shit? This thread is going to be filled with tears and bundled panties in no time.

I liked your post entirely because of your Marty Jannetty avatar, and I will probably continue to do so.

The power of Christ compelled me to knock him the fuck out

Jesus is the ultimate PED.

Does not Mathew 7:7 say Knock(out) and the door (to a title shot) will be opened to you?

Isn't it hypocritical to be repulsed by someone declaring their belief, when someone like you had religion stuffed in your throat when you were younger? You should know what it feels like to be told what and what not to believe. Also, being judged from being on either side.

Just because you don't believe in Conor doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

By all means, it is your business. I never criticized you for not believing. I criticized you for attempting to put words in his mouth. You may not have outright said that he claimed God helped him knock Hendricks out, but by saying "the power of Christ compelled me to knock him out", you certainly suggested it.
My original post was entirely a joke. It was a play on the scene from the exorcist movie. Just wanted some laughs nothing more.

If Wonderboy believes his "lord & savior" has got something to do with all his amazing performances...then god damn...i'd let him believe what the fuck he wants if he delivers them every fucking night...

Isn't it hypocritical to be repulsed by someone declaring their belief, when someone like you had religion stuffed in your throat when you were younger? You should know what it feels like to be told what and what not to believe. Also, being judged from being on either side.
Im not repulsed at all. People can believe what they want and say what they want. I was not judging him, know all to well what it feels like, so I let people be. Not a fan of thanking any Gods, but hey to each their own. If it helps him, then by all means go ahead. If it produces results like that, he can thank whoever he wants.

I am surprised this thread hasn't gotten closed yet..Holy wars have a lot to do with MMA I guess.

I wonder what you all would say if Khabib got down on his knees to bow to Mecca during the interview?

For some reason, I think people would complain a bit more than now, when it's just the usual christian propaganda.

Why can't we just ban religion from MMA? Most of us are sick of these fantasizing loonies.

i'm jewish but applaud christian fighters for thanking jesus

mainly cuz the moment happens i KNOW mass amounts of jimmies are being rustled

4235926-1404571939-All%2Bo.png

you have all paid $9.99 for something.

you have already bought your number to the kingdom

#satanbless

Topics like these are why I fear if militant atheists ever got power in this country. If just the mere mention of God makes them want to silence religious freedom...

his is why atheism always implodes. It becomes to totalitarian.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior! I'll say it loud and proud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back