Looks Like Alex Chambers Used Her $50K Bonus For An American Top Team Fight Camp

Meanwhile Paige is posting daily bikini shots to her instagram...

I'd love it if Alex won... Just for the fact it would be a devastating blow to UFC's marketing campaign.

That would be great, especially if they moved all the "pretty girl" Marketing budget they are spending on Paige to someone more deserving.... like Michelle Waterson.
eSa1gQf.jpg

Same with Emily Kegan. They both got literally 5 minutes of screen time on TUF. Over all the episodes combined. Meanwhile Angela Magana and Bec Hyatt got pretty much half of every episode.

It was literally the worst editing and direction of a TV reality show ever. Disgusting.

Isn't that the standard formula of reality TV? Focus on clashing personalities rather than people getting along? They kept PVZ off of the show so that there could be booze in the house. Why does there need to be booze in the house? So that people under the influence will provide more drama, of course!

Same with Emily Kegan. They both got literally 5 minutes of screen time on TUF. Over all the episodes combined. Meanwhile Angela Magana and Bec Hyatt got pretty much half of every episode.

It was literally the worst editing and direction of a TV reality show ever. Disgusting.

That's reality tv for you.

I actually think Curran is more attractive than PVZ, she's really beautiful.

Here's an interview with her before she got the chest tattoo, and her Hawaiian accent is more noticeable. If it weren't for that ink, you gotta think she'd be more marketable, but to each their own. From what I take, the writing is of special significance to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcmeWiW3tA

[YT]PbcmeWiW3tA[/YT]

Here's an interview with her before she got the chest tattoo, and her Hawaiian accent is more noticeable. If it weren't for that ink, you gotta think she'd be more marketable, but to each their own. From what I take, the writing is of special significance to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcmeWiW3tA

[YT]PbcmeWiW3tA[/YT]

Such a beautiful woman and I think she may be able to do well once she figures everything out.

That tat has horrifically ruined a LOT of potential mainstream sponsorship and fanbase, though. Michelle Waterson getting her huge side tat was mind-numbingly dumb also, considering her potential mainstream appeal, but at least she has the sense to hide it, except for weigh-ins.

Damn, I hate this tattoo fad. Wake up everyone. It's a fad. It will be over soon, but unlike shitty clothes and hairstyles, you are stuck with them. FOREVER.

Such a beautiful woman and I think she may be able to do well once she figures everything out.

That tat has horrifically ruined a LOT of potential mainstream sponsorship and fanbase, though. Michelle Waterson getting her huge side tat was mind-numbingly dumb also, considering her potential mainstream appeal, but at least she has the sense to hide it, except for weigh-ins.

Damn, I hate this tattoo fad. Wake up everyone. It's a fad. It will be over soon, but unlike shitty clothes and hairstyles, you are stuck with them. FOREVER.

There's nothing wrong with tatoos mate. They're an expression of art. They're not a fad, more and more people are just choosing to express themselves through ink now.

Not a smart move IMO. They never gave a shit about WMMA, only Ronda. Now if you're RR, JJ, Paige and maybe one or two other people they will actually think about you and your career and how to market you going forward. Everyone else is just a prop almost. A possible opponent for one of the few girls they care about and market. Former champs like Kaufmann are an after thought who beg for fights.

This girl will get maybe 3 fights a year with no kind of big pay raise so like 10/10. And they will over match her again to give some top-10SW they don't care about a win in the future. Barring more POTN bonuses she doesn't touch that kind of money again even training with the greatest teams for free the rest of her life. If it was an upcoming male BW I'd say it might be a decent investment. A SW especially from another country will have more leeway in not getting cut. So she doesn't have to worry about paying a ton of money for training to stick on the UFC SW roster. But shes still will be some afterthought almost prop that may get 3 fights a year at the low end pay regardless of how much she spends on a camp.

Sadly spending 50k on plastic surgery or some sort of social media marketing campaign might actually have been better for her WMMA UFC career & WMMA fanbase. Truth.

There's nothing wrong with tatoos mate. They're an expression of art. They're not a fad, more and more people are just choosing to express themselves through ink now.

Yea when I see someone with an ugly tribal, barbed wire tat, generic japanese symbols, or cliche dolphin on shoulder or whatever like 99% of these 'more and more people' have I think 'wow what an expression of art, that really enhances their beauty and personality in a unique way'.

Yea when I see someone with an ugly tribal, barbed wire tat, generic japanese symbols, or cliche dolphin on shoulder or whatever like 99% of these 'more and more people' have I think 'wow what an expression of art, that really enhances their beauty and personality in a unique way'.

Luckily, they don't care what you or others like you think about their ink. Tatoos mean different things to different people.

If Chambers wins they should have her fight Karate Hottie. Then she can be known as the beauty killer for beating the 3 hottest females in the UFC.

Hopefully she gets more than 50K in value for it.

Not a smart move IMO. They never gave a shit about WMMA, only Ronda. Now if you're RR, JJ, Paige and maybe one or two other people they will actually think about you and your career and how to market you going forward. Everyone else is just a prop almost. A possible opponent for one of the few girls they care about and market. Former champs like Kaufmann are an after thought who beg for fights.

This girl will get maybe 3 fights a year with no kind of big pay raise so like 10/10. And they will over match her again to give some top-10SW they don't care about a win in the future. Barring more POTN bonuses she doesn't touch that kind of money again even training with the greatest teams for free the rest of her life. If it was an upcoming male BW I'd say it might be a decent investment. A SW especially from another country will have more leeway in not getting cut. So she doesn't have to worry about paying a ton of money for training to stick on the UFC SW roster. But shes still will be some afterthought almost prop that may get 3 fights a year at the low end pay regardless of how much she spends on a camp.

Sadly spending 50k on plastic surgery or some sort of social media marketing campaign might actually have been better for her WMMA UFC career & WMMA fanbase. Truth.

i agree with this , in fact both the womens weight divisions outside of a few favorites, the women are averaging 2 fights per year, so 16 grand before taxes. she dont need surgery, but there are better things to do with that cash.

Sure. Let's have this discussion again in 10 years.

All I'm gonna point out is 8 years ago in group pictures of MMA gyms, the guts with tats were a vast minority. Among the general population, tats were an edgy thing, usually hidden.

Now, everyone is getting them, like they are bell bottoms or some other fad. They will go out of style.... Just like every other fad. The people stuck with them will look like idiots.

Hopefully she gets more than 50K in value for it.

I didn't mean to imply that she spent the whole $50K bonus on the fight camp, only that the bonus likely helped her to be able to afford a fight camp in the U.S. instead of Australia.

An article a couple years ago had a guy who was arguing about fighter pay, and he explicitly broke down what the many costs of being a fighter were, including a fight camp:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1649483-john-cholish-explains-how-much-it-costs-to-be-a-ufc-fighter

Chad Mendez was quoted as saying:

"I go through a camp, and I spend my own money. I'll go $6,000 or $7,000 or even $10,000 in, and then right before the fight it falls through. I don't get that money back, so that in itself is frustrating, let alone having to kill myself for nothing."

Here are some fellow sherdoggers giving their experiences, but from 2010:

Jeez, none of you have any answers to this question yet?

The price can vary dramatically. If your a top 10 fighter, your camp probably wont cost less than $15,000. Tito Ortiz said the most anyone ever paid at Big Ben was $25,000, but on average around $15k. Rampage paid over $50,000 for his training for the Forest Griffin fight. Brock Lesnar paid something like $125,000 for the Carwin fight, before he got diverticulosis and had to cancel the fight, which is the most anyone spent for training in the history of MMA.

It really depends on whos training you, and who youve hired for sparring partners. A gold medalist wrestler is probably going to cost you several thousand dollars for just a month.

I think it's about $14,950.98 per training camp on average. Brock's is on the high end.

For my three amateur fights, I spend $50/month for the gym membership and then I bought about 12 private sessions with my Muay Thai coach which I got a great deal on for just $600.

So all together, my training camp set me back $750. But I lost the fight, 28-29

I didn't mean to imply that she spent the whole $50K bonus on the fight camp, only that the bonus likely helped her to be able to afford a fight camp in the U.S. instead of Australia.

I bet she did had to use all of $50k living in US and train

Sadly probably waste of money because PVZ will win.

I do hope it pays out

good for her

Back