Looking For MMA Trainer in Los Angeles/Orange County area : have a lot of potential.

fordjuse

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi , I am looking for a mixed martial arts trainer in the Los Angeles/Orange County Southern CA area. I have a lot of potential as I am a hard worker that does not quit. Physically fit & looking for right trainer to expose my talent. I want a change of career from what I am doing. I am currently an aerospace engineer & now want to persue my dreams of becoming a mixed martial arts fighter. My ethnic background is Vietnamese which there are practically no fighters. I am college educated & speak fluent English & Vietnamese. Please see if you can help. Please contact me. Doug (626)416-8809

depending no what you're doing with your career, that's a hell of a sacrifice you're talking about making. best of luck though.

Do you even realize how big of an area Los Angeles/OC is? There are probably hundreds of BJJ, MT, Boxing and MMA schools. You need to narrow your location.

wtf this isn't craigslist, quit being so formal and dont post ur phone number here.

trust me.

you have a job as an aerospace engineer probably making a ton of cash, and with no expierence want to suddendly change your job to professional mma fighter.
I see threads like this in one form or the other on this site all the time.
Find a gym, and train for a while see if you even have what it takes to compete as an amatuer, and if you're really good then you may be able to think about doing some pro fights, and if your really good still then you can think about doing it full time.
From my expierence most people i've seen walk into a gym probably 80% never make it out of the beginner stages of training and fighting.
train for a while and compete and see if you want to quit your engineering job where your probably making a boatload of money.

Hi i am a rocket scientist, but i think i got DYNAMITE in my hands please call me!

Seriously though train and get an amateur bout and see how you go, not everyone is cut out for this. I know that i wont be able to compete but still train for fitness and general fun

dude there's gotta be a shitload of gyms around there, look harder

so cal is a hot bed. look to your left and then look to your right. theres a gym everywhere.

I think what he's saying is, he wants someone to offer to train him, and comp at that. From the way this post appears he doesn't seem to want to have to go through the process of having to prove yourself, like losers like myself did, but he wants a world class trainer, preferablty someone like Eric Paulson, to take him on his word and turn him into his next protege.

You have to go to a gym and whoop on a few guys, then you'll get the coaches offering to train you. Hell, they may even offer to train you just from seeing your physique, or seeing you hit the bag, but you still have to earn your stripes, so to speak.

you have a job as an aerospace engineer probably making a ton of cash, and with no expierence want to suddendly change your job to professional mma fighter.
I see threads like this in one form or the other on this site all the time.
Find a gym, and train for a while see if you even have what it takes to compete as an amatuer, and if you're really good then you may be able to think about doing some pro fights, and if your really good still then you can think about doing it full time.
From my expierence most people i've seen walk into a gym probably 80% never make it out of the beginner stages of training and fighting.
train for a while and compete and see if you want to quit your engineering job where your probably making a boatload of money.

Yup, it's a whole different ball game. You know, getting kicked in the face, and engineering and all. I'm sure they both make your head hurt, but in different ways.

Man I wish I had been a bookworm in school....

Hi Guys , Thanks for info. I always wanted to be a fighter since I was young. I was side tracked by my parents stating to me to get an education so I can go farther in life. That is partially true , but I asked myself the question : where could I have gone if I persued my dream to become a pro fighter ??? I worked as an aerospace engineer for years now & I just want a change of pace in my career. I am tired of sitting behind a computer 10 -15 hrs a day designing things. As far as money , I do make good bread , but that is not really what I wanted to do for a living. I always in my heart wanted to be a fighter. I want to prove it to myself that I can cross over into a totally different career field. As stated from a fellow board member , I just need some one to take me under their wing to see my potential. I just need right guidance & expertise of MMA trainer to see if I have what it takes to make it. This is my passion to persue this path change. Then I would know & never regret that I did not give MMA a chance. MMA fighters are respected as sports competitors rather than ruff street fighters. Please let me know if anyone can help out. Thanks again , Doug

You dont have to quit your job to pursue this. I work full time and train mornin and night, before and after work. Become a hobbyist and a good one before/if you decide you need even more time for training.

As far as help goes, did you look at the school directory or try: www.googlemotherfucker.com

Seriously, there are SO many schools in your area thats its ridiculous.

To be honest I think you may change your mind when you see how hard it really is to be a fighter on any level let alone a level where you can support yourself and a family on the money you would make fighting

Oh well..the cream rises

Hi Guys , Thanks for info. I always wanted to be a fighter since I was young. I was side tracked by my parents stating to me to get an education so I can go farther in life. That is partially true , but I asked myself the question : where could I have gone if I persued my dream to become a pro fighter ??? I worked as an aerospace engineer for years now & I just want a change of pace in my career. I am tired of sitting behind a computer 10 -15 hrs a day designing things. As far as money , I do make good bread , but that is not really what I wanted to do for a living. I always in my heart wanted to be a fighter. I want to prove it to myself that I can cross over into a totally different career field. As stated from a fellow board member , I just need some one to take me under their wing to see my potential. I just need right guidance & expertise of MMA trainer to see if I have what it takes to make it. This is my passion to persue this path change. Then I would know & never regret that I did not give MMA a chance. MMA fighters are respected as sports competitors rather than ruff street fighters. Please let me know if anyone can help out. Thanks again , Doug

how old are u? do you have any background in any form of fighting at all? have you trained in other sports before?

Back