looking for grappling near Lawrenceville, GA

Lester McGrath

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My sister would like to take some sort of martial art and I recommended BJJ or something similar.
She lives in Lawrenceville and works in Atlanta. Her goals are for exercise and self defence, not competition. Also she works the graveyard shift (12:00am-9:00am), so I'm guessing she would prefer morning classes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Lester McGrath said:
My sister would like to take some sort of martial art and I recommended BJJ or something similar.
She lives in Lawrenceville and works in Atlanta. Her goals are for exercise and self defence, not competition. Also she works the graveyard shift (12:00am-9:00am), so I'm guessing she would prefer morning classes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Velocity and Alliance both have downtown and Sandy Springs locations. I know Velocity has classes in the daytime, and I'm sure Alliance does as well. Closest to Lawrenceville is probably Paul Creighton's place in Duluth (I think). No idea what classes they offer, but you should be able to find their website from a Google search and find out. There are probably others nearby as well.

Good luck!

Peachtree regularly hosts judo tournaments. The next one is Feb. 18. With that being the case there should be a judo school nearby.

Paul Creighton's place is close in Duluth. www.paulcreighton.com

There is also a shootwestling gym on Riverside Parkway between Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd and Duluth Hwy on US316. Extreme Fitness & Shoot Fighting
(770) 236-0110 1960 Riverside Pkwy
Lawrenceville, GA

Velocity Kickboxing (my gym) has morning BJJ classes at their midtown location which would help since she would be coming from downtown at that timeanyways, so she could hit them up on her way home... www.velocitykickboxing.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back