• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking back on this scene from Predator, changes alot...

a low key secret of the Predator and AvP movies is the Predators are like all cans for supposedly being badass Yautjas

lose to Arnold, ok, but then Danny Glover? Couldn't even take out teens in AvP Requiem? or regular aliens in the pyramids in AvP?

losing to both Laurence Fishborne and Adrian f'n Brody in Predators?

shit even the Yakuza guy took one out too in Predators, w/ a f'n kitana ffs

Have to disagree. No way of knowing how close the Predator was to dying.

Looking back, it's too bad that Jesse Ventura wasn't standing there shooting as well. It would have been more epic.

a low key secret of the Predator and AvP movies is the Predators are like all cans for supposedly being badass Yautjas

lose to Arnold, ok, but then Danny Glover? Couldn't even take out teens in AvP Requiem? or regular aliens in the pyramids in AvP?

They became overly confident.

NXLFDgD2tOi7zwORz__hlVBP7GTHaQmGMlx_N_OaUUS4V-KFKReZ5MjePHsBIMFLkkpxT_6KVtojQY_4WodQHZeELJT-p_0qab77JEGXFHD7kpDAwrKFLacwzHkyFBrFSO286qxWAj-Ok1EL

They hunted aliens (Ridley Scott ones) and whoever know what else, writer's plot shield aside they seen far worse stuff than bodybuilders with machineguns

There's nothing a xenomorph has got that's anywhere near as dangerous as a group of people and one of them has a mini gun

i think i watched a deep dive on this one time, and apparently in the lore the Predator from one was like a rookie on his first test run.

The city hunter one from part II was a bit more experienced, but much less so than the one's in the ship that give DGlove the pirate musket shit

the ones in AVP were all rookies, etc..

not until Predators did they apparently show a seasoned vet

He fired for 43 seconds. 1 minute 9 seconds to 1 minute 52 seconds.

How many rounds is that?
Most mini gun selector speeds are around 3k to 4K per minute. So let’s use 3k. 45 seconds is 3/4 of a minute. So just shy of 2250 rounds. It’s hard to tell if we don’t now what speed that gun was set up for.

He fired for 43 seconds. 1 minute 9 seconds to 1 minute 52 seconds.

How many rounds is that?

Low, at 2000. That's over 1400 rounds. The M134 can do 2000-6000. Depends on the solenoid. 43 seconds straight would be way too much, even at 2000.

The old man brought home Robocop and Predator on VHS. Spontaneous penis growth.

I saw Robocop in the theater by accident, whatever it was I was going to see was sold out.

The poster looked ridiculous and I wasn't interested.

Man was that a pleasant surprise.

They chose worthy prey though. A challenge. And they'd been here before many times.

That scene put hair on my chest when I was a kid.

The predator should've gotten to his own choppa after that encounter

For the Yautja (Predators) their life is the hunt. The more lethal the prey, the more worthy the prize, the greater the glory.

Entire movie is badass

Saw it when I was 10. Only kid in school with an 8" penis after that.

Nah they purposely go after the real tough shit. That predator knew he’d have a fight on his hands stalking Arnold and co down.

That scene made me a "goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus"

one of the best movies ever

If it bleeds we can kill it.

Same, 10 but was like 4ft tall with a 3ft dick after that movie...lol

The old man brought home Robocop and Predator on VHS. Spontaneous penis growth.

giphy.gif

I saw Robocop in the theater by accident, whatever it was I was going to see was sold out.

The poster looked ridiculous and I wasn't interested.

Man was that a pleasant surprise.

Bitches leave

''Watching old movie scenes'' those 4 word hit me hard, because i live in a bubble as far as music and movies are concerned, i've never really stopped and thought about it,

but this movie is 33 years old<Moyes5>
It happens bro.

The other day we were listening the radio at work and they put "retro" music... I jumped out of my seat and said "that is not retro.. that is from when I was a kid.. wait.. oh, shit"

The other night I said to my girlfriend, "Geez you got a big pussy!...... geez you got a big pussy!". She said, "Why did you say that twice?" I said I didn't....

I agree, they are very over rated. Even bested by humans on multiple occassions.

However, I disagree with the Alien part. A Xenomorph is a genetically perfect creation, entirely hostile and bread for killing. It can essentially kill any other life form in the right circumstances. The Predator had no clue how much danger it was in engaging the Xeno like it did.

Have to disagree. No way of knowing how close the Predator was to dying.

Looking back, it's too bad that Jesse Ventura wasn't standing there shooting as well. It would have been more epic.
Well I can say for 100% certainty that if the Predator didn't turn around and literally run for its life it was about to get turned into ground beef.

I agree on the Ventura statement.

Back