• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Looking back at Stipe’s last fight

Of course you can't see that they both looked like drunken brawls because you're in awe of that overhyped 'adjustment'
Anyone whos trained ...and actually competed understands how impressive that mid fight adjustment was ... Thats champion level traits...all the best champions are capable of making Adjustments during the live action of a fight its what separates them as elite ..Jones...GSP...Stipe, DJ ... Etc

Ya cuz Jones is some young spring turkey..
Jones has probably double the mileage on his body compared to Stipe, Jones has been fighting since he was 23... Jones is the one injured now not the 42 year old Stipe.... just let that sink in for a minute...

And ya im stupid....right...

Meanwhile your litterally being the most stereotypical MMA fan ever...

Dude got KOed last fight...he must be shit lol...

As if .. Stipe is one of the best HW fighters period...,

Age at HW doesnt mean the same thing as smaller divisions Speed isnt as important at HW...
Jones is 36 which is not at all old by HW standards, he's younger than stipe was when he lost the title to DC

Jones has probably double the mileage on his body compared to Stipe, Jones has been fighting since he was 23... Jones is the one injured now not the 42 year old Stipe.... just let that sink in for a minute...
Stipe has been Ko'd Multiple times in his career and still works a salary 9-5 that is a strenuous job, It's fair to say that their wear and tear is at least similar.

No one said that, At all.

This is a horrible take lol...just terrible his mid fight adjustment to go to Cormiers body leading to the TKO was high level, and 3rd fight was not competitive
Really? That was Stipe finally using his brain cells after getting punched in the face for 3 rounds and doing what he should have been doing from the beginning. That fight was sloppy as shit and both guys were clearly past it.

Anyone whos trained ...and actually competed understands how impressive that mid fight adjustment was ... Thats champion level traits...all the best champions are capable of making Adjustments during the live action of a fight its what separates them as elite ..Jones...GSP...Stipe, DJ ... Etc

Lol you don't seriously believe that. That was terrible fight IQ from Stipe for 3 rounds and him finally having a moment of lucidity and remembering DC was susceptible to body shots. High fight IQ would have been to do that in the first round.

No, it literally checks the one box, money, and nothing else. Very few fans are genuinely excited to see this fight. It obviously does nothing but stall the division indefinitely, that's a box you didn't bother adding. As far as legacy, this is clearly bad for Jon's legacy. It's pure nuttery to try and spin it any other way. And skillwise? Tom is far and away the most even matchup in the division for Jon. Stipe is a complete unknown at this point. You're trying so hard to paddle upstream with this, but the current's not going to relent. Enjoy it, I guess. Easier to just acknowledge it for what it is.
Im honestly not even sure it checks the money box lol I dont think Stipe or Ngannou are draws at all.

Jones vs Aspinall, Jones vs Gane, Jones vs Ngannou, Jones vs Stipe all draw the same amount of PPV. Jones is the A side of all of these fights. Stipe does not help it.

Stipe looked bad that entire fight but I think over 3 years of inactivity and coming off a knockout could be the key to beat Jon. I mean Jon has never had to deal with that before.
Jones has been just as inactive if not more so and is coming off a terrible injury. He’s also not young himself.

Jones is 36 which is not at all old by HW standards, he's younger than stipe was when he lost the title to DC

Stipe has been Ko'd Multiple times in his career and still works a salary 9-5 that is a strenuous job, It's fair to say that their wear and tear is at least similar.

Stipe went pro at 28 and entered the ufc at 30.

jones has been fighting professionally much longer

Stipe was 35/36 when he lost his title to Cormier ... in which older Stipe would then regain and beat cormier twice ....thus further proving ...age isnt such a big factor as one might think at HW...

And litterally that's all people have been saying lol .. stipe got KOed ... Hes no good... Coming off a ko lost he has no chance... Meanwhile Stipe out here grinding and staying in shape..which is more then can be said for the majority of these fatty HWs

Stipe hes been koed twice and tkoed once with several long years between each ...lets not pretend this is Tony Ferguson shall we

Lol you don't seriously believe that. That was terrible fight IQ from Stipe for 3 rounds and him finally having a moment of lucidity and remembering DC was susceptible to body shots. High fight IQ would have been to do that in the first round.

Cormier is famous for making fights sloppy... it's how he thrives and gets in close for clinches and grappling which is what he really wants...go rewatch the Jones fights...cormier was trying to make the fight sloppy and dirty with Jones too but failed and got koed from range..

Your talking like its easy to just go hit round 1 Cormier in the body lol ...

I have been a diehard Jones fan, since I watched him destroy Brandon Vera in 2010. Even I would rather see him fight Aspinall. I feel Jones fights his best when he has a real challenge in front of him, fights that really motivate him. Aspinall is that fight, IMO. I would like to see him fight the #1 contender AGAIN, beat his ass AGAIN, and retire. Then I want to sit back and laugh at all the haters, who will say Aspinall was overrated!

That fight was at the Apex? A HW title fight?

Didn't remember that.

interim title for aspinal was a gift - he did nothing to earn a championship fight and shouldn't supercede jones vs stipe. let's get real man.

And litterally that's all people have been saying lol .. stipe got KOed ... Hes no good... Coming off a ko lost he has no chance... Meanwhile Stipe out here grinding and staying in shape..which is more then can be said for the majority of these fatty HWs
I've not seen a single person say that once. I'd love to have you quote a post saying that so i can berate the retard.

interim title for aspinal was a gift - he did nothing to earn a championship fight and shouldn't supercede jones vs stipe. let's get real man.
What the fuck kind of revisionist history post is this???

HW title fight was a gift for jones. he didn't "earn" it either.

Tom stepped in on short notice and beat an Undefeated HW in Sergei, Who was the CLEAR number 1 guy, Yes over stipe. The ufc lost their spectacle and Both Sergei and Tom stepped up. You can argue that Tom didn't deserve it all you want, but Pavlovich for sure did, and tom KO'd Him in one. soooo yeah anything other than a title fight is ridiculous for tom.

Stipe could have fought Pavlovich but didn't, despite being perfectly able to do so. Which, as far as im concerned, Gives tom the ability to supercede stipe and it's completely fair play.

and while im at it, You say this should supercede jones vs stipe but what the fuck has stipe done to deserve a title shot? Wait patiently?

Last edited:
Then you haven't been paying attention..

Jones vs Stipe is the better fight by all margins..

Business wise
Legacy wise
Skill wise
Entertainment wise

Everyone picking Tom is just blinded by youth...the same group who thought future of Hw division Gane was going to win..

Lost in 29 seconds LOL
Is that u Dana?? What a dumb take!! Business wise is not true at all bc Stipe hasn't fought in 3 years and got brutalized his last fight. Stipe is by far a house hold name. Legacy wise also not true. He's fighting basically someone whose been retired for the last 3 years. Maybe he's been training, but Tom has been stopping everybody he's come in contact with. When ur the champ u should fight the #1 contender or the best fighter available. Tom is by far that guy, and everybody knows it. He blew his MCL out, which had nothing to do with getting hit. Skill wise, sure Stipe is one of the GOATs at HW, but again,... THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO WHEN HE WAS IN HIS LATE 30'S!!! Entertainment wise, Tom has the most exciting style in any weight class. He's crazy fast, powerful, and completely well rounded. I also haven't heard ANYONE say they prefer Jones fight Stipe over Tom other than u. Like not 1 person, other than Demetrious Johnson on some podcast. Also I was not on the Gane bandwagon thinking he was gonna beat Jones. I didn't think he'd lose that fast but i picked him losing in the 2nd round.

Rant done,.....bc i got tired of making valid points

Is that u Dana?? What a dumb take!! Business wise is not true at all bc Stipe hasn't fought in 3 years and got brutalized his last fight. Stipe is by far a house hold name. Legacy wise also not true. He's fighting basically someone whose been retired for the last 3 years. Maybe he's been training, but Tom has been stopping everybody he's come in contact with. When ur the champ u should fight the #1 contender or the best fighter available. Tom is by far that guy, and everybody knows it. He blew his MCL out, which had nothing to do with getting hit. Skill wise, sure Stipe is one of the GOATs at HW, but again,... THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO WHEN HE WAS IN HIS LATE 30'S!!! Entertainment wise, Tom has the most exciting style in any weight class. He's crazy fast, powerful, and completely well rounded. I also haven't heard ANYONE say they prefer Jones fight Stipe over Tom other than u. Like not 1 person, other than Demetrious Johnson on some podcast. Also I was not on the Gane bandwagon thinking he was gonna beat Jones. I didn't think he'd lose that fast but i picked him losing in the 2nd round.

Rant done,.....bc i got tired of making valid points

Lol valid points??

I don't see any..

Stipe is a household name...people in America know him... Hes from Cleveland ohio a major sporting town and wrestling town...

Tom is only big news in the Uk...thats not the UFCs main market...

Therefore Jones vs Stipe better for business

2) what legacy does Jones get from fighting Tom exactly? Vs stipe the most Decorated Hw champion in UFC history...this is not debatable

3) tom is not more skilled then Jones or Stipe...their resumes to speak to that... who has tom beaten exactly?

4)Name a boring fight Stipe was in? .. tom is exciting because he got some finishes but also hasn't fought the same.level of opponents as jones or stipe... so hard to say...

What the fuck kind of revisionist history post is this???

HW title fight was a gift for jones. he didn't "earn" it either.

Tom stepped in on short notice and beat an Undefeated HW in Sergei, Who was the CLEAR number 1 guy, Yes over stipe. The ufc lost their spectacle and Both Sergei and Tom stepped up. You can argue that Tom didn't deserve it all you want, but Pavlovich for sure did, and tom KO'd Him in one. soooo yeah anything other than a title fight is ridiculous for tom.

Stipe could have fought Pavlovich but didn't, despite being perfectly able to do so. Which, as far as im concerned, Gives tom the ability to supercede stipe and it's completely fair play.

and while im at it, You say this should supercede jones vs stipe but what the fuck has stipe done to deserve a title shot? Wait patiently?

R u pretending again Rocky...

Pretending that jones didnt dominated LHW for like a decade And is undefeated and thus he didnt deserve a chance at HW title? ...

Conor got a 155 pound title shot off of beating Nate Diaz by split majority decision at 170lbs.

And yet...Jones doesnt deserve one ?

Please stop... Tom is only interim champion cuz Jones got hurt...if Jones didnt get hurt Tom was like still 2 fights away from a title shot...

He'd probably be fighting Derrick lewis ...next for Tom... if it wasnt for jones injury

R u pretending again Rocky...

Pretending that jones didnt dominated LHW for like a decade And is undefeated and thus he didnt deserve a chance at HW title? ...

Conor got a 155 pound title shot off of beating Nate Diaz by split majority decision at 170lbs.

And yet...Jones doesnt deserve one ?

Please stop... Tom is only interim champion cuz Jones got hurt...if Jones didnt get hurt Tom was like still 2 fights away from a title shot...

He'd probably be fighting Derrick lewis ...next for Tom... if it wasnt for jones injury
I never said he didn't deserve the chance But to use the word "earn" then say tom didn't is just plain laughable. If one was a gift, the other was a gift. They both have earned it. But tom has been active at HW, Jones hasn't been. And stipe CERTAINLY hasn't earned a goddamn thing. He already got KO'd in a title fight and got an immediate rematch. This rematch has not been earned.

All that other stuff about Lewis and him being two fights out is dog shit and you know it. you can say tom is only the interim because jones got injured, Jones is only champion because francis didn't resign. See how that works? Tom was only ever two fights out only because Jones and Stipe are holding this division up, Otherwise, Pavlovich vs gane or tom was going to determine the next challenger with stipe out of the picture.

And by the way, While im combatting revisionist history Conor earned the LW title shot from his 7 fight undefeated run at FW with ko's over aldo and Mendes. yes he fought diaz between twice but he had already earned the fight with RDA. Conor did not have to fight nate diaz at 170, He did that to save a card and it wasn't held against him. Nor should it have been. that night he was meant to fight RDA. Don't act like he was given the fight because he won against nate.

Last edited:
Dat smaller cage is a problem for Stipe who needed more room to move & maneuver.

1)Money and making a living is why the UFC puts on shows and its fighters compete... This is business after all

2)Legacy matters to all sports...

Ever heard of Mike tyson..Wayne Gretzky...micky mantle .. etc ...these guys all had records and legacies... Its what truely matters in sports...when your dead and gone... Your legacy is what matters and remains ...Jones shadow will loom large over this sport

3)Wait...you think Tom is more skilled then Stipe and Jones lol.... based off of what exactly? Because he beat Marcin Tybura and Sergei?

4)Name a boring fight Stipe was in? Ill wait...
I couldn't care less how much Dana White and the UFC make, why do you care?

Jon is not adding to his legacy by ducking the interim champ for a novelty fight with a retiree, he's detracting from it

Stipe was a good champ in his day but I'm fairly sure Tom would make short work of him at this point

His fight with Jon bores me

Last edited:
Back