• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies LONGLEGS - Official Trailer Released! (Oz Perkins horror flick starring Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage)

Cage caged the shit out of them movies tho

That's all I could ask for
Willy’s Wonderland?!? w/ the exception of the *chef’s kiss* pinball sequence, robbing Nicolas’s character of any speaking lines, & giving way too much screen time preference to the pretty 20-somethings whose acting probably couldn’t even cut it on the CW, was a dog shit creative decision. hated it.

as for Renfield, Nicolas was the hungriest lil dracula, gobbling up the scenery like a pro w/o a drop of blood to spare. an absolute treat, undoubtedly. it was a damn shame that literally everything else couldn’t get in lockstep w/ Nicolas (which is a bummer because Hoult & Schwartz usually can’t miss). felt like the movie had no identity. one second it was winking w/ a wes anderson or jeunet quirk, the next it was full-throated Neveldine/Taylor genre filmmaking on meth, all while spamming the ugliest lighting decisions i’ve seen in awhile for a studio release. it’s also a cinema felony to attempt splatstick w/ cgi blood fx

It's getting some really good early reviews, but let's see after wide release.

Cage renaissance is really something to behold. Everyone was counting this guy out fifteen years ago.
absolutely. it’s been wonderful. sure, still some big time stinkers slipping through here & there, but even these stinkers are generally of a higher quality than the dregs of his “Redbox Era”

Cage renaissance is really something to behold. Everyone was counting this guy out fifteen years ago.

It was mainly due to his choices in work, he was choosing the most generic projects that would get him work and money. When he started to take more interesting indie projects that had legit creatives behind them he started to rehab his image. Of course you have to give credit to the directors and producers that hired him for these projects as his image had taken a hit. It was a lot like when Karloff was in a rut but Bogdanovich and Corman hired him for Targets, and though it was too late in his career to make a real difference (I think it was his next to last film or close to it), it instantly rehabbed his image as he was taking shit project just to have work for a while.

It was mainly due to his choices in work, he was choosing the most generic projects that would get him work and money. When he started to take more interesting indie projects that had legit creatives behind them he started to rehab his image. Of course you have to give credit to the directors and producers that hired him for these projects as his image had taken a hit. It was a lot like when Karloff was in a rut but Bogdanovich and Corman hired him for Targets, and though it was too late in his career to make a real difference (I think it was his next to last film or close to it), it instantly rehabbed his image as he was taking shit project just to have work for a while.
i don’t think it’s fair to place a majority of the blame on Nicolas. it’s not like he’s ever been particularly choosy, so it’s probably safe to assume that he also wasn’t getting any offers for better/bigger roles from 2014-2017 (the only outlier being a small role Oliver Stone’s Snowden biopic), especially not after Left Behind laid a massive turd at the box office. then along came Brian Taylor w/ Mom and Dad & Panos Cosmatos w/ Mandy, the latter being the genesis of the Nicolas renaissance.

Back