Long vs Short Sleeve Rash Guards?

M

migo**

I currently have a long sleeve rash guard and am pretty happy with it, except that the silkscreen print is starting to come off. I've heard that it's a bit easier to get caught in armbars wearing them (and armbar is probably my worst sub to get caught in, followed by the paint brush). With my arm getting slippery I'm thinking I probably couldn't go wrong with a short sleeve in terms of armbars, but I'm also thinking that when I'm dealing with someoene who's shirtless they slip off easily, so a long sleeve rash guard gives me a bit better grip for under hooks.

Assuming long or short sleeve makes a significant difference, what's more of a benefit, long sleeve for better control of someone who's slippery or short sleeve so I'm more slippery to get out of subs?

Also, incase it matters I'm slim and not too strong, so I can't really rely on strength, which seems like it might be a requirement to make use of slipperiness.

I have a different take.....

Long when it's cold, short when it's warm.

Personally, I don't think it makes a difference. I've been caught in armbars in both long ans short sleeved RGs.

I like long sleeve. Less mat burns. I think the long sleeve makes it easier to get out of armbars. At least with ours the materail is real slick and it gets more as you sweat. I like short sleeve when Im doing striking.

Do XFG rashguards use different material from other rashguards?

migo said:
Do XFG rashguards use different material from other rashguards?

They are definitally one of a kind, I have not seen anything like them before. They are thin and light weight but freakin indistructable.

I like my short sleeve the best but I agree with Foppa21, long when it's cold.

I've never had problems with mat burns, so I tend to like the shortsleeves the best but on cold days I wear a longsleeve.

www.SSFgear.com

I wear sleeveless, mostly cuz I like to show off my pipes.
Honestly, I think sleeves are just kind of worthless. I don't really get much mat burn on my arms, and I roll pretty frequently.

thaiboxgrappler said:
I wear sleeveless, mostly cuz I like to show off my pipes.
Honestly, I think sleeves are just kind of worthless. I don't really get much mat burn on my arms, and I roll pretty frequently.

lol, "pipes" I really have not heard that before. I was expecting "guns," or "pythons." Those are always classic.

I like the short sleeve because I train inside and damnit when it is cold out side they have it hotter than shit inside and when it is hot outside, they have .. no f'ing air conditioning it seems so short all the way.

Back