Lombard vs Rory... Who wins?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After last night I think Rory would own Lombard. Lombard did not impress and he would gas so quick against Rory. Thoughts?

Rory is damn good at sticking to a game plan. If he can survive those shots like Burkman did, he'd take a decision. Complete bullshit that Hendricks is getting the title shot though.

Rory. Lombard has a puncher's chance, but nothing more. Rory's control of distance is just too good.

Hector MacDonald.. Na I'll take Rory Lombard.

Interesting fight, I think I'll take Hector.

Very cool fight but I think Rory would do what he did to Woodley.

I said Rory would beat him before last night but last night only solidified it.

I would say Rory, still don't think Lombard will ever get to top 5 status in the UFC.

I would say Rory, still don't think Lombard will ever get to top 5 status in the UFC.

he's ranked 6 right now.

what makes you think he can't make the massive leap of one position in the rankings? hell, if they remove carlos conduit due to inactivity, he's top 5 now.

Rory all day, all night to peck & peak that thin lunged Lombard into a bloody mess. Besides Lombard is way in Rory's rearview mirror to even have to think about Hector.

Rory wins by making Lombard look foolish.

Rory beats Lombard. He's a terrible matchup for him. He's too good at using his range and his footwork is too good. Lombard stands very narrow for a short fighter and mostly throws hooks. He wouldn't ever close the distance and I don't see him keeping Rory on the cage. Lombard is more of a threat than Woodley for sure because he has a left hand and has much better grappling and counters. Rory wouldn't be able to just tee off on him on the cage but I see Lombard following him around all night walking into his jab and usual kicks.

If he tries to turn it into a brutal high pace fight he could hurt Rory but he likely gasses even faster that way.

I feel strongly about Rory beating him over five rounds.

Very cool fight but I think Rory would do what he did to Woodley.

I knew this would pop up. Lombard is a different animal. Pacing, defense, parrying, and even explosive TD's that is if he chooses to relinquish a bit of gas to get the TD. Woodley is a first round fighter albeit explosive and powerful. Just survive round 1 and your fine. Kim just had to survive the first round.

He's much smarter in knowing that you have pace yourself. Rory must take him down cause that jab won't do.

Silly in thinking it won't be competitive.

Rory. And being denied his title shot, he will make an example out of Lombard.
Rory has the movement, the jab, the improvement and the ability to create a gameplan that suits him. Everybody knows the Lombard game, cardio and image, but image don't win fights, only fans of trt and muscle magazines.
Rory is the future champ, just needs his shot at the title, Lombard is a good fighter, entertaining sometimes, but not a champ for 5 rounds.

Back